Gmail iPhone contacts sync is simple to setup since Gmail allow access to its address book via CardDAV. As you know CardDAV is an address book protocol (client/server). This protocol is designed to allow users to access and share contact data on a server.
There are many implementations of CardDev protocol and Apple iOS, starting from iOS 4 supports CardDev protocol. This makes iPhone Gmail sync an easy to setup process. Apple Address Book in Mac OS X v10.6 “Snow Leopard” also supports cardDev. There are applications available for Android that implements CardDev client protocol.
All these implementations allow you to sync address books via CardDev. For example you can sync your Gmail contacts with your iOS or Android using these applications. Let us see how we configure CardDev in iOS and Android to sync Gmail Contact.
- How to Sync Outlook Contacts With Gmail Contacts?
- How To Restore My Contacts- Restore Gmail Email Addresses
- Best Free Google Analytics Apps for Android, iPhone and iPad
Sync contacts with your iOS device
We will make use of CardDAV to sync your Google contacts with your Apple iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch).After syncing your Google contacts using CardDAV, you’ll be able to edit, add, and remove contacts from your device and keep them in sync everywhere you use them.
Follow the below steps to Sync Gmail contacts with your iOS device
- Open the Settings application on your device.
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Select Add Account…
- Select Other
- Select Add CardDAV Account
- Fill out your account information in the following fields:
- Server: Enter “google.com”
- User Name: Enter your full Google Account or Google Apps email address.
- Password: Your Google Account or Google Apps password. (If you’ve enabled 2 Step verification, you’ll need to generate and enter an application specific password.)
- Description: Enter a description of the account (e.g. Personal Contacts).
- Select Next at the top of your screen.
- Make sure that the “Contacts” option is turned to ON.
Please note that syncing Gmail contacts via CardDAV is only available over SSL1 for Apple devices on iOS version 5.0 and above.
Sync contacts with your Android device
There are free Android applications available that allows you to sync your Gmail contacts. CardDAV-Sync is a CardDAV client for Android to synchronize contacts. Due to its implementation as sync adapter it integrates seamlessly with the default contacts app.
CardDAV-Sync is a CardDAV client for Android to synchronize contacts. Due to its implementation as sync adapter it integrates seamlessly with the default contacts app.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,432 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,608 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,383 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows