In this article let us discuss about some useful Tips for Gmail including some of the useful Gmail add-ons and other email related services. We will also see how you can integrate social media services like Twitter and Facebook with Gmail. These Gmail tips and tricks are really useful if you use Gmail frequently. You can make Gmail as your primary Email application by importing Mails and contacts from many different email services.
Also it is very important to backup your email messages and contacts. There are ways to restore your accidentally deleted contacts also.
Let us see some of the most useful Gmail features and add-ons that can be used make Gmail more feature rich and best web based mail service available.
1. Track your Emails
How to track my email ? This is a common question arises when you sent an important mail to any one. In outlook you can request for a read receipt. But in web based email applications like Gmail, how do you track your email? In the below posts we have explained the tools that can be used to track your emails.
Track an Email with Free Email Tracker SpyPig
2. Backup Your Emails using Free Email Backup Utility
It is very important to backup your emails because you cannot predict any eventuality. If something happens to the servers where your emails are stored you may not be able to recover the same. It is always a good idea to take backup of your emails periodically.
Read More : Backup Your Emails using Free Email Backup Utility
3. Most Useful Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts – Gmail Tips
Gmail can be used more efficiently if you know the Gmail Keyboard shortcuts. With a single keystroke or key combination you can easily access mails, open or close mails, more to next mail etc. Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts makes the Gmail interface more user friendly and helps to be more productive.
Read : Most Useful Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts – Gmail Tips
4. Google Gmail People Widget – Contextual Information, Group Chat and More
Google never stops providing exciting features to enhance it products. The GMail People widget a new google gmail widget is offering lot of contextual information and group chat etc features.
Find out more on Google Gmail People Widget – Contextual Information, Group Chat and More
5. How to Preview Gmail Mail Messages Without Opening It?
If you can preview your email without opening the email, that will save a lot of time. This is because in Gmail as a web based application you need to spend more time opeing the message and then go back to the inbox.
Learn How to Preview Gmail Mail Messages Without Opening It?
6. Gmail Desktop Notifications For Emails and Chat Messages
If you are an Outlook user, you know how useful it is to see Email notification feature. Google desktop notifications for Gmail emails and chat messages is now available for Google Chrome Browser.
Read more : Gmail Desktop Notifications For Emails and Chat Messages
7. How to Tweet from Gmail. Add Twitter Gadget and Send and Recieve Tweets
Gmail fast becoming the most widely used Email application. Many of us also uses socila media services like Twitter. There are Gadgets available for Gmail that allows you to send and Recive Tweets directly from your Gmail interface.
Read More : How to Tweet from Gmail. Add Twitter Gadget and Send and Receive Tweets
8. Facebook and Twitter In Gmail : How to Integrate?
You can integrate social media services like Facebook and Twitter to Google. This converts Gmail interface as a common interface for all these services apart from Gmail.
Read More : Facebook and Twitter In Gmail : How to Integrate?
9. Email client for GMail. POP or IMAP?
Are you using Gmail frequently? Or is Gmail is your main email application? Then you need to configure an Email client like Outlook so that you dont have to visit gmail web interface everytime you want to check your emails. In this post we also discuss about the protocol to be used while configuring Gmail Email client.
Read More : Email client for GMail. POP or IMAP?
10. Visualize Gmail Inbox Email Trends With Graph Your Inbox
This is an interesting add-on. You can visualize your Gmail Inbox email trends.Visualize Your Gmail Activity With Graph Your Inbox.Graph Your Inbox is a nice software to check your email trends.
Read more : Visualize Gmail Inbox Email Trends With Graph Your Inbox
11. Add Email Signatures with Images to GMail,Yahoo Mail,AOL, Hotmail
How to add your graphical email signatures to webmail services like GMail,Yahoo Mail,AOL, Hotmail etc?. How to create email signature with images and html for Gmail?
Read: Add Email Signatures with Images to GMail,Yahoo Mail,AOL, Hotmail
12. How To Restore My Contacts- Restore email addresses in Gmail
Sometimes because of some reason you may lose your Gmail email contacts. You deleted a contact before realizing you actually need that. But you can restore them easily.
Read here : How To Restore My Contacts- Restore email addresses in Gmail
13. Switch to Gmail – Now Import Mails & Contacts from 60 plus Email providers
Now you can make Gmail as your primary email service. You can import mail, contacts and other settings to Gmail from more than 60 different email providers including Hotmail, Yahoo etc.
Read More : Switch to Gmail – Now Import Mails & Contacts from 60 plus Email.
Import Mail ,Contacts To Gmail From Other Mail Accounts
14. GMail Rich Text Signature Enabled. Add images,links to Gmail
Gmail has enabled Rich Text email signature feature. Now you can use Rich Text and Images in your EMail signature. It is pretty easy and useful.
Read More : GMail Rich Text Signature Enabled. Add images,links to Gmail
15. Gmail Drive – A virtual filesystem on top of the Gmail account
What is Gmail Drive? Can you use Gmail Drive as an online storage space? Is it a good idea to use it as an online storage space?
Read : Gmail Drive – A virtual filesystem on top of the Gmail account
16. Disable Gmail Contacts Auto-save Option
By default Gmail saves all the addresses to the contacts list when ever you send an email How to disable this auto sae of contacts feature. Now you can disable this feature by following few simple steps.
Read : Disable Gmail Contacts Auto-save Option
17. Why Google Gmail So Slow? Load Slow Gmail Faster in Slow Internet Connection
If you have a slow internet connection, the fully featured Gmail application will be very slow or will stop loading. How to use Gmail in such scenario? There are many different options to use Gmail in such situations.
Read More : Why Google Gmail So Slow? Load Slow Gmail Faster in Slow Internet Connection
18. Custom From address in Gmail-Send Mail From Another Address
How to setup custome from address thus manage multiple email accounts from the same Gmail interface? This is really useful on certain scenario. You can send mail from another address using your primary Gmail email account.
Read : Custom From address in Gmail-Send Mail From Another Address
19. Gmail Unread Mail Count – Show Unread Mail Count in Gmail Icon
How to find out the number of unread gamil messages in your Inbox without switching to the Gmail tab of your browser? If you want to try that then the below post will tell you how to do that using a Gmail add-on.
Read : Gmail Unread Mail Count – Show Unread Mail Count in Gmail Icon
20. How To: Gmail Priority Inbox Tips and Usage
Google has added Gmail Priority Inbox a few months back. Gmail Priority Inbox is really useful. The below article discusses about the Gmail Priority Inbox usage and tips.
Read More : How To: Gmail Priority Inbox Tips and Usage
21. How to recall sent mails from Gmail? Undo Send-Abort
Gmail allows you to “Undo” Sent message for a specific period of time. If you think you made a mistake by sending an email immediately after clicking the send button, you can abort that mail.
Read More : How to recall sent mails from Gmail? Undo Send-Abort
HOW TO : Gmail’s New ‘Undo Send’ up to 30 seconds.
22. Why is Firebug making website like GMail slow and how to fix it
Firebug wihout doubt is one of the most useful web page analysis and debugging tool. But If you use Firebug it will slow down your Gmail interface.
Read : Why is Firebug making website like GMail slow and how to fix it
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,477 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,456 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,345 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,630 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines