Import Mail and Contacts To Gmail From Other Mail Accounts
Import Mail and Contacts (address book) To GMail From other Mail Accounts like Yahoo, HotMail etc is the new feature addition in Gmail. After Priority Inbox this is another great feature from GMail Lab. Now you can import your mails and contact from a big list of email service providers. The list includes HotMail,Yahoo, MSN and AOL etc.
Google made it very easy to import messages and contacts from other accounts to your Gmail. The feature is really useful if you want to shift from other mail services to Gmail. This import feature will import your folders, attachments and downloads, as well as other elements belonging to the message directly.
You can create a label to attach to all the emails imported from the other account.This will help you to organize the mails from the other service.
Let us see how to import mails and contacts from other Mail accounts in 5 easy steps.
How to import mail & contacts to GMail from other Mail accounts?
- Go to Settings then Accounts and Import tab.
- Click the Import mail and contacts button in Import mail and contacts. See screen shot below.
- In the new window enter your email (the account from which you plan to import mails and contacts) and click Continue. Next window GMail will check for the ID and will as for the password of that account.Enter the password and click continue.As mentioned there the password will be stored securely and deleted after we’ve finished importing your mail.
- Next window you can choose the import options. Give importance to the “Add Label…” option. Create appropriate label so that the mails will be grouped under that label. Once you have chosen the option click “Start Import”. See the screen-shot below
When Mail Fetcher is used instead of TrueSwitch, you’ll see a different pop-up window than the one you see above there you can select “Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server” option.
- As Google says it may take 24-48 hours before you see your imported messages.When the import is complete a notification will be displayed in a yellow bar at the top of your inbox.