WP Super Cache plugin is one of the most widely used Cache plugin for WordPress based blogs and websites. WP Super Cache speed up site by caching the frequently accessed pages.
The cached version of the pages will be served to the online users and thus will improve page load speed drastically.
Comments received from few of the Globinch.com readers indicates that they face some strange problem because of the WP Super Cache. The cached index page or home page is not getting updated even after publishing new posts or pages. Interesting point is that most of the time Mozilla Firefox shows the updated home page but Internet Explorer and Google Chrome displays the old version of the cached page.
Manually remove the cached files from “supercache” folder
Majority of the readers faced this problem after migrating their blog or website to a new host and in most cases they copied the “wp-content” folder including the “wp-contentcache” folder and its contents. The leftover cache files from wp-cache and supercache may introduce the problem.
Even if you try to clean all cached files using the WP Super Cache settings page the actual cache file under the “wp-contentcachesupercache” folder may not get deleted. You can check the time stamp of the files in these folders. If the time stamp is older manually remove them.
Invalid entries in “wp-content/cache/.htaccess” file
The .htaccess file in the folder “wp-content/cache/” should have the entries to support the super cache. These entries will be provided by the WP Super Cache itself. It should be something similar to the entries below.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
# BEGIN supercache <IfModule mod_mime.c> <FilesMatch ".html.gz$"> ForceType text/html FileETag None </FilesMatch> AddEncoding gzip .gz AddType text/html .gz </IfModule> <IfModule mod_deflate.c> SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI .gz$ no-gzip </IfModule> <IfModule mod_headers.c> Header set Vary "Accept-Encoding, Cookie" Header set Cache-Control 'max-age=300, must-revalidate' </IfModule> <IfModule mod_expires.c> ExpiresActive On ExpiresByType text/html A300 </IfModule> # END supercache
Use the “Cache rebuild” options from WP Super Cache settings
If all the above options are correct or not yielding any positive results you can try the “Cache rebuild” options from WP Super Cache settings. Also you can try the “Reset to default configurations” option and then set the required options again.
In most cases the the leftover cache files creates the issue. Also the .htaccess file is mandatory. Hope that if you face the same issue at least one of the above solution can help you to resolve the issue.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,469 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,345 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,626 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines