In Web servers most commonly Apache Web server .htaccess (hypertext access) is a a directory-level configuration file.This is most common in Apache Web Server and is used on more than 50% of the sites on the internet.
.htaccess file allows for decentralized management of web server configuration..htaccess allows you to override a subset of the server’s global configuration.
See below the list of topics discussed.
- How to create and use .htaccess file? Common usage and risks
- Website or Web page redirection using a .htaccess file?
- How to specify your own ErrorDocuments using .htaccess file?
- Password Protecting website Pages and Directories using .htaccess.
- Speed Up websites by enabling .htaccess Caching using mod_expires and mod_headers
- Check website/ web page for css/script Gzip/ Deflate compression – Optimization Tips -Part 3
- 7 steps to Speed up website loading – Website Optimization Tips -Part 1
There are lot of other things that we can do with the help of .htaccess scripts like controlling the content type and character set, CGI handlers, etc.The above topics are not an extensive coverage of all areas.Please let me know your Comments, thoughts and also let me know if I am wrong or my understanding is not correct.
Before you go, subscribe to get latest technology articles right in your mailbox!.