On site optimization techniques and On Page optimization processes have a very important role in basic website SEO. It is one part of SEO activity which ensures that your site is ready and is optimized for search engines to crawl and yield maximum results.
On Site or On Page optimization is in your control. You are the webmaster and web designer and you can change the page structure and its elements the way you want. So making it perfect is your job. But what are the points to remember when you start doing on site seo optimization? Is there any checklist to follow?
Well, in this article let us discuss about the most important and top 20 On Site Optimization Checklist that may help you to carry out your on page optimization successfully.
All these points are simple to implement. You just need to be careful while creating your individual pages and posts.
Top 20 On Site Optimization Techniques and Checklist
A Good Title
A good title is mandatory for each of your pages. What makes a title “good title”? Ideally the title should have between 10 and 70 characters including spaces, and contains few of your primary keywords or phrases. Please remember that too many keywords that make it look spammy. Ensure the uniqueness of each page title.
Well, does this have an impact on SEO? For the most part it does affect your page’s ranking in the search engines. Google may choose to display Meta descriptions in the search results. You may check this for your SERP pages. The Meta description helps the users to get an idea about the content of the page.
What should be the length of the Meta description? Ideally it should be between 60 to 160 characters.
Al the heading tags helps search engines recognize the important sections of your page. Use H1, H2, H3, H4, H5 and H6 based on necessity. Try to include your main keywords in the headings. Avoid using more than one H1 in one page.
Bold and Italic tags
Use bold and italic tags for keywords. Search engines will give importance to bold and italic words in the page.
ALT attribute or alternative text for images
Add alternative text to help search engines better understand the content of your images using the image ALT attribute.
DO you have more HTML that text in your page?
If yes, then you need to focus on adding more content. This will increase the keyword density as well as good in terms of SEO. In case of blog posts or articles make sure that you write a minimum of 350 words.
Avoid using Frames and Flash objects if possible
Full flash website may not be a good idea as of now in terms of SEO. Also minimize using frames in your page as they are not treated well by search engines.
Improve the load time
There are many ways to improve the page load time. Slow loading websites usually gets penalized by search engines. Here are some tips.
- Top Tips to Speed Up website – Website and Blog Optimization
- File Caching to Speed Up Website and Web Page Load Time
- Speed Up websites by enabling .htaccess Caching using mod_expires and mod_headers
- Check website/ web page for css/script Gzip/ Deflate compression – Optimization Tips -Part 3
- 7 steps to Speed up website loading – Website Optimization Tips -Part 1
- How to Test your Website Speed Against Benchmarks?
Use CDN to distribute resource loading
Using content delivery network improves page load time to a great extend. You can use even sub domain as a CDN as browsers will start downloading page components parallel.
Check broken links and Fix them
Broken links negatively affect your website search engine rankings. Fix all the broken links in your website.
Use customized 404 pages
Use a proper 404 page to avoid getting de-indexed from search engines. Read more about 404 page tips and designs in the below articles.
- 404 Error Page Design How to Guide and Best Practices
- Best Plugins to Manage WordPress 404 Error Page Conditions.
Avoid keyword stuffing and target specific keyword per page
Avoid using too many keywords all over your content. Use it as and when required and uses it in the first paragraph for better results.
Use robot.txt file
Use robot.txt file to block and allow certain pages or folders from search engine crawl.
Use HTML and XML sitemaps
XML sitemap file helps search engines to find and index your pages more quickly and efficiently. HTML sitemaps helps your readers to find out the structure and content of your website.
Meta Keywords for others
Google may ignore these. But few other search engines still gives value to Meta keywords. Ideally, your Meta keywords should contain no more than 256 characters, and separate the words or phrases using a comma.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,446 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,608 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,384 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows