How to Secure wordpress by changing default administrator username? As we discussed there are many must do steps to secure your wordpress installation. One among them is changing the default administrator username.
By default the administrator account name is “admin” and if you keep the same admin username is not a good idea. Rename the administrative account will keep your wordpress blog bit more safe. You can change the default administrative account details wordpress administration interface or from your either through phpMyAdmin interface or by using MySql command line and a simple SQL query.
Must Do Tips To Secure WordPress Blog and Website
How To Recover WordPress Admin Password or Reset Admin Password
Create a new Administrator using Admin control panel
Log in to your wordpress administrator control panel interface. Click on “Add new” under the “Users” menu. Create a new user and give the “Administrator” role as shown below.
After creating this admin log out and log in again using the new account. Go to “Users” menu and click “Users” link. In that page delete the old default “admin” user.
Rename the administrative account using phpMyAdmin tool
- Edit the “admin” row by clicking the pencil icon just before admin username.
- Change the username “admin” to the new username.
- Click the “Go’ button. You are done. Now you can log in with your new administrator username
Rename the administrative account using MYSql sql query
- First connect to your MySQL server using MySql client.
host>>mysql -u "username" -p
- Enter your db password.
- Select the database (Use your database name instead of “db name”)
Mysql>>use "db name"
- Issue the below SQL query to change username.
mysql>>UPDATE wp_users SET user_login = 'New Username' WHERE user_login = 'admin';
Where “New Username” will be your new admin user name. Execute this query adn you will be done.
- or use the blow query
mysql>>UPDATE wp_users SET user_login='admin' WHERE ID=1;
Here the Vlaue of ID (ID=1) should be the ID of Admin user column in your WP_USERS table.
This will update your administrator username to the new username you provided. Now you can log in with your new administrator username
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,478 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,456 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,345 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,630 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines