Google has introduced Priority Inbox in Gmail to manage your emails better. It is a very unique feature and can save you from finding your important mails efficiently.
Priority Inbox can help save you time if you’re getting large number emails everyday and will monitors your messages and tries to organize your inbox messages based on many different criteria, like the frequency of message correspondence with a particular sender. The Priority Inbox feature automatically identify your important incoming messages and separates them out from everything else.
Let us discuss how best we can use the Priority Inbox.
What is Priority Inbox?
If priority Inbox is enabled for you, then you will see a new link near Lab and settings links on the right-hand side of your mail window. You can enable it.See the image below.
Priority Inbox helps you to prioritize your email messages based on the configured filters and provides a Priority Inbox for your important mails. You still have the default Inbox.When you click the Priority Inbox link on the left-hand side of your mail window, your messages will be grouped in three sections: Important and unread, Starred, and All other mails
You can also search for messages that are important by using the search operator “is:important“.
Show or Hide Priority Inbox
If you decide not to use Priority Inbox you can hide it easily. Go to,
Setting –> Priority Inbox tab –> Choose Do not show Priority Inbox and click on Save Changes.
Using filters with Priority Inbox
You can use filters in Gmail to always or never mark a certain type of message as important. Create a new filter and select the option “Always mark it as important” or “Never mark it as important” to mark it as important or to discard. Create custom importance filters for different types of messages from different sources.See the screen-shot below.
Configure Priority Inbox to show important achived messages by filters
Automatically archived mails with filters will not appear in your inbox,but to make it appear in Priority Inbox you can do the following
- Click Settings –> Select the Priority Inbox tab.
- In the Filtered mail section, choose Override filters.
- Click Save Changes.
Importance markers in Priority Inbox and Layout.
In Gmail window itself you can select messages to set or reset priority. Also both the inboxes are available on the left-hand side. When you click the Priority Inbox link on the left-hand side of your mail window, your messages will be grouped in three sections: Important and unread, Starred, and Everything else.See below.
Read more about the Priority Inbox at Gmail Blog. Email overload? Try Priority Inbox – Official Gmail Blog
The feature definitely helps people who uses Gmail extensively and of course millions of people are using Gmail as their primary E-Mail application.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,505 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,457 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,642 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,504 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines