What is the ideal Guest Blog System for Your Blog? How do you manage guest blog posts submissions on your blog? These are common questions asked by many bloggers who publishes guest posts on their blog.
Many blogs accept guest posts and is a unique business internet marketing and SEO model. The blog will get more quality content and the authors will get more exposure, online credibility and of course backlinks. Guest authoring is a win-win situation for both blog owners and blog authors. (We also accept guest posts and offers Adsense Revenue Sharing.)
There are different methods to manage guest posts on your blog. You can either provide unique accounts for each of the guest authors or you can accept guest posts offline and publish the same. Each of these methods has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Let us discuss and find out the optimum way of handling guest posts. In this article we will see different approaches to manage guest posts and posts on WordPress blog platform.
Ask Guests to Register and Become a Contributor
This is one of the easiest methods of handling guest posts. You can set this option by logging into your WordPress admin dashboard. Go to Settings->General. You can enable “Membership” option and select the “New User Default Role” as “Contributor“. A contributor is somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish them.
A contributor can
- Create a post
- Edit his/her posts
- Delete his/her posts
- Read his/her posts
- This method offers an efficient way to handle guest posts.
- Guests can manage their posts easily and at a common place.
- Admin can always review the guest posts before publishing it.
- Well, the contributor role is least privileged role in WordPress. A contributor cannot publish the post and he cannot upload files. WordPress by default does not let contributor accounts upload images into posts (for security)
- A contributor can delete his posts.
- Leaving registration open may end up adding spam accounts to your blog system.
- Need to manage author bio and other features using plugins or manually.
Accept Guest post by Mail and Publish it manually
This is another approach. Ask the guest authors to submit their posts via email in text or Word format with attached images. You manually review it and publish it after the review.
There are advantages and disadvantages if you use approach.
- You don’t have to provide access to your blog’s backend system.
- You can easily review the content before it reaches your blog system database.
- Webmaster has to do extra bit of work.
- Guest authors have to depend on tools to draft their articles before sending them for review.
- Guest authors needs to maintain the list of posts published on each blog.
The Guest Posts System We Use
We have implemented a mix of both approaches on Globinch. We accept guest posts via email and review them before publishing. We provide author bio information as part of guest articles. Always the article credit goes to the author.
For regular guest authors, we do create account for them so that they can use Globinch WordPress platform to publish their content.
We also offer an integrated Adsense Revenue Sharing Programme for Guest authors. This will also gives those backlinks, reputation as well as extra income from their articles published on Globinch.
That is what I use though, and I am confident that there are other proven and successful methods and tricks out there. How do you manage guest post submissions on your blog? Do you have any such methods to share?
Before you go, subscribe to get latest technology articles right in your mailbox!.