Most of us must have experienced the embarrassment caused due to missing outlook email attachments at least once in our professional life. Missing Outlook email attachments is a common problems and there are some tools and workarounds that solves the problem to certain extend.
Microsoft Office Labs now offering a plug-in, “Forgotten Attachment Detector”, for Microsoft Outlook that will make your life easier by reminding you to attach the files.
How FAD works?
Forgotten Attachment Detector or the FAD checks for keywords in the mail that indicate “attachment“. If there is any indication and no attachment is added then FAD will pop-up a message reminding you about the missing outlook email attachments. See below.
Click on “Show Snippet” will show you the message snippet that has an indication of attachment. For every Outlook email thee Attachment Detector plug-in for Microsoft Outlook checks for particular keyword phrases. The Forgotten Attachment Detector is pre-configured with a set of attachment-related keywords. FAD also allows you to add custom keywords that should trigger alert.
The FAD tool also provides an option to alert when email subject is missing.
The Forgotten Attachment Detector is really useful and helps you to avoid the embarrassment caused by the “Where’s the email attachment?” response from the recipients.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Outlook 2007
- .NET 3.5 SP1
- VSTO 3.0
FAD requires VSTO 3.0 runtime (Visual Studio 3 for the office systems runtime ) to be installed on your computer. During installation it will ask you to install VSTO 3.0 if you don’t have that in your machine. VSTOR30.exe installs the Visual Studio Tools for the Office system 3.0 Runtime, which is required to run VSTO solutions for the 2007 Microsoft Office system built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.
For non-English version of the operating system you should also install the appropriate language pack to see the text of the messages from the VSTO run-time.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,505 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,457 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,642 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,504 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines