If you are planning a Podcast blog that uses wordpress then you need to know how to do podcasting with wordpress. Using WordPress for podcasting is pretty easy and there is no extra setup step required since wordpress has inbuilt support for podcasting.
Podcast is a series of digital media files downloaded through web syndication. These digital media files are either audio or video files. If you have a lot of video or audio contents then you may want to do podcasting. Podcasting is distributing audio or video content via RSS 2.0, or Atom feeds.
In this article we discuss about Podcasting support in wordpress. If you use wordpress as your blogging platform and you have a collection of audio or video files, you can consider podcasting using wordpress.
How to Use WordPress For Podcasting
Podcasting is supported from wordpress version 1.5 and above. Podcasting is really easy in wordpress. To get this podcasting support of wordpress you link to an audio file or video file in your posts and WordPress will automatically add the necessary enclosure tag to your RSS2 feed to make it usable as a podcast.
Follow the below steps to use wordpress for podcasting
1. Create and upload your audio or video files to your server. Usually the format of file is either .MP3 format (for audio) or .MP4 format (for video).
2. You can upload the files to any server from where it is accessible in internet using a URL.
3. Now create a post in your wordpress blog and add a link to the audio or video file you just uploaded.
<a rel="nofollow" href="http://podcastexample.com/my-audio-podcast.mp3">My first podcast</a>
The most important point to note here is that you should provide the absolute URI when linking to the audio or video file. You need to make sure that RSS2 or ATOM feed available for your blog or website.
WordPress will automatically add the necessary enclosure tag to your RSS2 feed to make it useable as a podcast.
Create a Podcast feed for your blog
If you want to seperate your podcast feed from your original blog feed, you can do that by creating a dedicated category for your podcasts. Create a new category in your blog. Add all your podcast posts to that category. Then you make sure that RSS2 or ATOM feed available for this category. Point your browser to
Here “podcast” is the category dedicated for podcasts. This feed you can publish as your podcast feed.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,460 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,616 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,387 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines