How to get data in and out of Google products? Sometimes you may want to move from another vendor service to Google or From Google to another service provider. Google products make it easy for you to achieve this. There are different mechanisms to download a copy of data stored within Google products. For example in the case of Gmail you can use POP , IMAP, Autoforward to get your mails outside Google servers.
There are different options to Get the data from different Google products. Let us see few of these mechanisms to download a copy of your data stored in most widely used Google products like Gmail, Contacts, Buzz, Picasa, Google Docs, Google Analytics, YouTube, Blogger, Google Voice etc.
Use Google takeout To Download Copy of Your Google Data
Google Takeout, a service from the Data Liberation Front at Google allows you to get data in and out of Google products. You can download your data stored withing Google products like Buzz,Contacts and Circles,Picasa Web Albums,Profile etc. It is pretty easy ans straightforward. Google takeout allows you to download the data as a single archive. You can use Google takeout to download data from the following services.
- Contacts and Circles
- Picasa Web Albums
Try Google Takeout
How To Get Backup of Gmail Data
IMAP or POP can be used to get mails from Gmail and use another email client like Microsoft Outlook rather than using Gmail interface. Gmail Auto-Forwarding feature allows you to use another mail service like Yahoo or Hotmail and read Gmail messages using those services.
You can also get mails to Gmail from other services. You can configure “Import mails and contacts” feature of Gmail Settings.
To backup or download you Contacts you can use the Import, Export, and Print features exists in Google Contacts.
Download, Backup or Sync Google Calendar
Google Calendar provides tools for transferring data to and from other applications using the standard iCalendar (.ics) format. We have discussed about how to Schedule and Backup Your Google Calendar Automatically. You can also keep your calendars synchronized between applications and devices over the CalDAV and Activesync protocols. Read below articles
Sync Google Calendar with Microsoft Outlook using Google Calendar
Google Calendar Sync Now Supports 64-bit Outlook 2010
Download a copy or backup Google Docs
To download your Google Docs you can either use the “Export” menu item when editing an individual document, or you can also download the documents from your Google Docs homepage. Select the files and click “Download” option from right side. In the popup you can select in which format you need to download each kind of file. Pretty good feature. See below.
Download Google Analytics data
There are many mechanism to download and backup your Google Analytics data. Google Analytics allows you to download data in the form of XML, Excel, and TSV. Google Analytics also supports download the report as PDF.
How to Take Blogger Blog Backup?
Blogger is widely used as a preferred blogging platform. If you own a Blogger blog you can easily take a backup of your entire posts and other information. Select any blog from your Blogger dashboard, a click on the “Settings” tab. Select the “Export Blog” option. The Blogger export format is Atom and the download Atom file contains all of the posts, comments, labels, and even Blogger-specific settings. Read : Blog Converter Tools – Convert To and From Different Blog Services
Download and Backup Google Bookmarks
Download Orkut data
You can export Orkut Friends data into a CSV file. Go to Manage Contacts module on the right hand side of your Friends page. In this section click the “Export contacts” button and a CSV file will download to your computer. The Photos will not be available in the export file. If you are a developer then you can try the OpenSocial API to retrieve and backup the Orkut Photos.
Download and Backup Google Reader
It is easy to export all your Google Reader subscription. Go to Google Reader overview page and select “Import Export” option. There you can export your subscriptions as an OPML file.
Backup YouTube videos
It is easy to backup your YouTube videos. Go to “My Videos” page of your YouTube account and select “Download MP4″ button below each video.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,799 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,490 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,751 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,530 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,429 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,092 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?