Many people uses Google Calendar to manage their appointments and time . So it is very important to backup your Calendar in proper format so that you can export or import Calendar to other applications. Google Calendar now supports backup feature. Using this you can backup your Google Calendar as and when required.
In fact you can chedule automatic backup of your calendar based on predefined intervals.
Many download tools supports scheduling automatic download. We can utilize that feature to schedule Google Calendar Backup task.
You can backs up your Google Calendar in ICS and XML formats. If you save it in ICS format you can import your calendar into another calendar tool like MS Outlook.
How to Schedule Google Calendar Automatic Backup?
- Login to your Google account
- Go to Google Calendar.
- Click the Settings link under “My Calendars”.
- In Calendar Settings under “Calendars” tab click on your calendar name.
- Scroll down the Calendar Detail page to see “Private Address“. As mentioned in the Calendar help “Your calendar’s Private Address is designed for your use only. All of your calendar information is available via your private links, so don’t share this address with others.“.
- Click on ICAL (or the format which you want).
- The popup will display the private address. You can use use the address to access your calendar from other applications. The same address we will use to schedule the automatic backup of the Google Calendar
You can copy and paste this private address into any calendar product that supports the iCal format.
You can use this URL to configure and schedule automatic download in any download manager tool. For example if you are using Speedbit‘s Download Accelerator Plus as your download manager, you can schedule download as below.
- Go to Tools-> Options and configure Scheduler as seen below.
- Add a new download by adding your private address. On save dialog select “Schedule” option.
Now DAP will take care of backing up your Google calendar every Moday and Friday at 8.22.37 PM
If you don’t want to schedule it and want to just save the file, then you paste the URL in the address bar of any browser and hit enter. This will automatically opens the respective download tool to download and save the iCalendar file.
Once saved you can use the backup file in any calendar tool that supports ICAL format including Microsoft Outlook.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,469 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,625 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines