How to Back up your Google+ data? Google Plus or G+ or Google+ , the new social media service from Google , has crossed 10 million users just two weeks after its launch.
Google+ integrates many other Google social services into one single interface. These services includes Google Profiles and Google Buzz. Google Plus introduced new services such as Circles, Hangouts, Sparks, and Huddles which makes the service distinct from other social media services like Facebook.
If you had already started using Google Plus you should have already created many circles and Streams and +1s. But what if something goes wrong? You will loose all your contacts , circles and other information you have created as part of your Google Plus account. The answer is to take periodic backup of your Google Plus data. You can periodically create Google Plus backup so that you will have a backup of your contacts, circles , Buzz, Stream etc and can restore in case if something goes wrong.
- Tips To Ensure Your Google Plus Profile Privacy
- 5 Different Ways To Invite People To Join Google Plus
- 9 Useful Google Chrome Google Plus Extensions
How to Back up Google+ data?
We have discussed about the Data Liberation Services from Google which allows users to back up the copy of their data stored within various Google Products. In that article we discussed how to download a copy of your Buzz, Contacts and Circles, Picasa Web Albums, Profile,Stream,Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar,Google Analytics data,Blogger, Google Bookmarks, Orkut data, Google Reader and YouTube videos.
Read: How To Download Copy of Your Data Stored Within Google Products?
Backup Google Plus data using Google Takeout Service
To backup your Google+ data you can use the Google Takeout Service. Follow the below steps to use Google Takeout to download your data for the following Google+ products to your computer.
- Go to Google Takeout Service
- Login to your Google account
- You can Download all the data together as below.
- You can even select one or more services to download the data from. Google Takeout will show the size of data in the archive. see below.
Backup Google Plus data using the Data liberation Service in Account Settings
You can use the Data Liberation tab of your account settings to export your Google Plus data.You can download your PicasaWeb Albums photos,Stream posts, Buzz posts and Circles and Contacts as zip files. The Google Profile data can be downloaded as a .json file
- Sign in to Google+ new window.
- Click your full name or email address in the Google+ bar.
- Click Account settings.
- Click the Data liberation tab.
- Select either Download Your Data to export all of your data, or select a specific service. See below