Now you can easily translate Tamil to English or English to Telugu or Kannada to English using Google Translate. Addition of Google Tamil translation , Google Kannada and Telugu translation as part of Google Translate was long expected since millions of people mainly in Indian sub continent and across Asia speaks those languages.
Google Translate now supports five new Indian languages and includes Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu. Overall now Google Translate supports 63 global languages.
Google Translate Service helps you to translate a section of text, document or webpage from one language to another. Google Translate is a free statistical machine translation service provided by Google.
Hindi language was included few years back. To check all these newly added language translation you’ll need to install fonts for each language.
All these five languages are in alpha status so the translation may not be 100 accurate. As mentioned in the official Google blog “You can expect translations for these new alpha languages to be less fluent and include many more untranslated words than some of our more mature languages—like Spanish or Chinese—which have much more of the web content that powers our statistical machine translation approach. Despite these challenges, we release alpha languages when we believe that they help people better access the multilingual web.”
Also since these languages each have their own unique scripts, Google has enabled a transliterated input method for those of you without Indian language keyboards. See the English to Tamil translation and English to Telugu translation in action below.
You can download the fonts for all these languages as mentioned (Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Gujarati and Kannada.) in the official Google Blog.
Try Google Translate
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,469 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,623 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines