Google always gives more importance to security. Since millions of people are using one or more Google services like Gmail , Google Docs etc, the Google internet security or Google account login security is very important to them.
Google now introduced more security features to access your Google account. Majority of the internet services now rely on password authentication. Password authentication is not always secure. If your password is compromised you may end up in loosing all your data or more serious consequences.
Google has introduced 2-step verification process for Google Apps initially. The 2-step verification process which is an advanced opt-in security feature now available for Google Account also. This makes your Google Account significantly more secure by helping to verify that you’re the real owner of your account. This 2-step verification process is an opt-in security feature. You can configure the 2-Step verification process in the Manage Account screen as below.
2-step verification process still require you to enter your password. Password authentication is the first step of the 2-step verification process.
After password authentication you will see an extra page that prompts you for a code. This is the second step which involves an additional process. During signing in, Google will send a verification code to your phone, or let you generate one yourself using an application on your Android, BlackBerry or iPhone device. You need to enter the additional code. see below
This feature ensure that even if someone has stolen your password, they’ll need more than that to access your account, since password is just one step of the 2-step verification process. Also mobile phone is always with you and the security mechanism is really excellent.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,804 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,490 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,753 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,530 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,429 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,092 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?