Firfox Blocklisted Add-ons- Firefox blacklist addon list
Firefox checks each of the extensions and add-ons for potential malware threats and performance issues. If it identifies any issued Mozilla bans the add-on and will include the add-on in a list of blocklisted add-ons.
These blocklisted add-ons that should no longer be used with Mozilla products.
The most recent addition to the Firefox addon blacklist is the Skype Toolbar Firefox extension. There are many other add-ons are already blacklisted. Mozilla categorizes these balcklisted add-ons into two types , soft block and hard block. If it is soft block the addon will be disabled and the user is notified of the block. It also gives the option to re-enable it if they choose.
Here is a list of add-ons which are blocklisted by Firefox. Read the complete list and description of each of the Firefox blacklisted addon .
- Skype Toolbar extension- All versions for Firefox.
- Bing Bar for Firefox.
- Default Manager, v2.2 for Firefox
- Search Helper Extension, v1.0
- Internet Download Manager, v2.1-3.3
- , v1.0-1.3.1
- Yahoo Application State Plugin, v126.96.36.199
- Vietnamese Language Pack, v2.0
- Apple QuickTime Plugin, v7.1
- Crawler Toolbar, for Firefox 3.0a1 and above
- Daemon Tools Toolbar, versions older than 188.8.131.52
- AVG SafeSearch, versions older than 8.5
- Enigmail, versions older than 0.97a
- YSlow, version 2.0.5,
- Viewpoint Media Player,
- Java Deployment Toolkit
- Internet Download Manager, versions 6.9.8 and older