How to Decrease the high percentage of website bounce rate or improve your site Bounce Rate. We discussed the bounce rate definition and facts about Bounce Rate in the post Bounce Rate Explained.
This post is part 2 of the discussion about Bounce Rate.
As we discussed for some sites high bounce rate percentage may not be an issue. But if you are a blog author who writes about gadget reviews and your blogs bounce rate is above 60% then you have to review your blog.
How to decrease bounce rate?
There are many factors which contributes to high bounce rate.
- Low quality articles.
- Low quality site layout
- Inapropriate fonts and images
- Difficulty in navigation
- No site search features
- No comments section
- No links to most popular posts
So if your site or blog is getting high bounce rate, than reason probably could be any of the one listed above. Identify it and rectify it. you could improve the bounce rate by following some simple but effective steps
- Present the reader with many choices choices.
- The site layout and design should be appealing. The fonts should be readable and the color combination should be pleasant.
- Provide links to the most popular article on your site.
- Provide site search feature and encourage the user to do a site search for what he is looking for.
- Provide feedback form. This will help you to understand what people think about your post and blog
- Above all the landing page or the index page or the home page should provide the information that the visitor is looking for.
Continue reading … Analyse Bounce rate using Google Analytics
Before you go, subscribe to get latest technology articles right in your mailbox!.