If you can turn your desktop or laptop computer into a Wireless Access Point or WiFi Hot Spot without using a router, then you can share wireless internet connection between your desktops laptops and smart phones.
If you are using a Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 operating system in your PC or laptop then you can instantly turn your computer into a Wifi Hot Spot using Windows 7′s Wireless Hosted Network (Virtual Wifi) technology. This helps build a Wireless home network without a router.
A Free but very useful application named Virtual Router from Codeplex helps you to achieve this. Virtual Router is a software based router for PCs running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. This is one of the best software to share connection.
Using Virtual Router you can share any type of internet connections , be it Wifi, LAN, Cable Modem, Dial-up or Cellular with any WiFi device. The WiFi device can be anything like your personal laptop,PC, Smart Phone, iPod Touch, iPhone, Android Phone, Zune, Netbook, wireless printer, etc.
The Wifi Devices are Supported dependent on you having a driver installed that is Certified for Windows 7.
The Wireless Network create/shared with Virtual Router uses WPA2 Encryption and this ensure the best security possible. Once you setup your virtual network , you can give a name to it and assign a password. The password should be at least 8 characters long. Also please remember that the security of you “Virtual Router” is dependent on the strength of you Password / Passphrase.
Microsoft has disabled the Virtual Wifi features in Windows 7 Starter Edition so Virtual Router will not work with Windows 7 Starter Edition.
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Wifi Enabled Computer
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,802 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,490 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,752 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,530 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,429 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,092 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?