If you have been an Internet user for any length of time, you are probably well familiar with social networking websites. They are the current craze of the Internet world, and they make it easier than ever for Internet users to interact with each other.
There’s also a much better than average chance that you already belong to one or more social networking services. If you have a blog, social networking can be an effective way to promote it. The whole purpose of a blog, after all, is to document your views and to share them with others, but how will you do this if no one reads it?Related Articles:
- Top 50 Ways to Increase Traffic to Blog or Websites
- Top 10 Rules of Blogging to Get More Organic and Referral Traffic
- Top 10 Blog and Website Promotion Guidelines on Facebook
- Top 20 Free WordPress Social Share Plugins
There are also, of course, purely mercantile reasons for keeping a blog. Many bloggers sign up for affiliate programs or add Google AdSense to their blog to earn a little extra income (or maybe even a full-time living). The only way for a blog like this to be effective is for it to have sufficient visitors.
Blogs Traffic and Search Engines
Some blog owners and webmasters may attempt to have the search engines do the work for them. Search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing attempt to index all the pages on the web and rank them according to how well they match particular keywords. This means that if you run a blog on historic architecture in Indiana, there is a good chance it will appear in searches performed on that subject.
However, not all blogs are successfully ranked or ranked very high, so you are advised to avoid relying entirely on search engines as a means of promoting your blog.
Blog Promotion through Social Networks
If you enjoy interacting with other people online, there is an alternate method of blog promotion that may be just right for you. In fact, you may already have some people in your social network, so you’re off to a good start.
Since those in your social network likely share your interests, there is a good chance that they will enjoy your blog as well. But consider this only as a start, and work to expand your range of followers to anyone who might conceivably have an interest in the topics you blog about.
There are number of ways you can start doing so. First, you can link to your blog in your profile page, which will alert anyone who is interested in you to the existence of your blog.
Secondly, you can let your friends know about your blog through private messages. Just be careful not to spam. If you already have a good relationship going with people in your network, however, it is not inappropriate to let them know of your blogging efforts.
Although Facebook is the top social networking website, it is not the only one out there, and you may find others that are more specialized and targeted to your audience that you will also want to use. A quick Google search will call up many.
Social Media Branding and Third-party Applications
Interested in software that can aid you in your use of the social networks? There are a number of third-party applications that can provide an alternative interface to the most popular social networking sites. For example, Twistori Desktop is a sort of Twitter visualizer for the Mac that runs as a screensaver. Facebook Desktop is a browser-based application that gives you an alternative way to update your profile, chat and view updates. Socialite for Mac allows you to access five social networks-Twitter, Facebook, Google Reader, Flikr and Digg-from a single interface.
Prefer to access your social networks from a browser? Rockmelt is a web browser specifically built for social networking, and it serves as the unofficial successor to the discontinued Flock browser.
There is no shortage of ways to promote your blog or site using the social networking websites. You never know; in addition to promoting what you have to offer, you may make some great new friends along the way.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,469 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,625 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines