According to Wikipedia as of 16 February 2011, there were over 156 million public blogs in existence. There are many more websites also lives in internet. There are thousands of blogs and websites on virtually every single niche on the web. If you start a new blog or website, you need to compete with millions of such blogs and sites that focuses on same niche to make your presence noticeable on web. The BIG question is how do you achieve a decent popularity on web?
There are many techniques to make your blog popular and search engine friendly. Search Engine Optimization techniques needs to be implemented to make your website optimized for search engines. But this is not an easy task. The ever changing search engine algorithms make the life of SEO experts more and more challenging and complex.
The popularity of Social Media services created another opportunity for webmasters. You can effectively utilize social media services to brand your blog or website. Being the most popular service Facebook can be utilized to make your website or blog more popular. In this discussion we are going to cover 10 ways to brand your blog or website on Facebook efficiently.
10 Tips to Brand Your Blog or Website on Facebook
As Facebook says “Facebook helps you connect and share with the people in your life“. Facebook groups, pages and communities make your life much easier. It gives a medium to communicate with your customers, to announce critical events or even to collect feedbacks from your followers.
Select a Facebook Username for your blog or website
When you promote your blog or website you need it is better to choose your blog or website name as your username. This username will become your brand identity on Facebook.
Create a Facebook Page for your blog or website
You can create a Facebook page to promote your blog. This page can be utilized create a community. This page can be utilized as a medium to interact with your readers and customers. You can also create announcements and discussion threads using the page. Your Facebook page helps you to build deep, lasting connections with your customers and readers.
Create professional Welcome page for your page
Your Facebook page needs a well designed welcome page. There are many free services available to create good welcome pages for your Facebook page.
Create a community around your Facebook page
It is very important to promote your page so that you get more and more fans. Encourage people to join your community by providing like buttons and like boxes etc. Always publish rich and interesting contents on your pages so that your readers always find something interesting on your page. This will encourage your fans to share your content and thereby to get more readers to your blogs.
Start the conversation and keep it alive
You can start interesting conversation and encourage your subscribers also start conversations. Keep it alive by providing feedbacks and comments. This will help you to receive feedbacks about your content, product etc.
Share content and make announcements and offers
You can utilize your Facebook page as a medium to make announcements and offers. This is an excellent medium to get feedbacks on your products and services.
Expand your Fan base
You need to work hard to expand your fan base. You can encourage your blog or website readers to join your Facebook community. You can include your Facebook page as part of your email signature and newsletters.
Use Facebook Social Plugins
Facebook provides many social plugins that helps you to increase your fan base. Also these Social plugins let people see what their friends have liked, commented on, or shared across sites on the web. Facebook provides Like Box, Like Button and Comments plugins
Encourage readers to “like” your posts and web pages
By using the Facebook social plugins mentioned above you can encourage your readers to “like” your posts and web pages. You can include giveaway contests or similar promotional activities to attract more and more fans.
Use Facebook advertisements to reach more customers
Facebook Ads are another way to build awareness of your Page and drive new fans. This is not a free service. You can also take advantage of Sponsored Stories; another paid way to promote your brand.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,793 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,490 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,748 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,529 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,428 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,092 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?