Profiles and pages created under Google+ can benefit from search engine optimization. Like website SEO, the technique involves the use of keywords. Optimizing your Google+ account can bring some traffic to your website. That’s because you can add an outbound link to your website directly from the page or profile.
Google+ optimization may also be used as a cross-promotion scheme since you are free to add links to other social networks. But the greatest benefit of this tactic is that it strengthens your online visibility and exposes your blog, business, or website to a wider audience. So how do you do it?
Before moving to Google+ Page and profile optimization, you may be interested in reading the following related articles as well.
- Top 10 Google+ Business Page SEO Marketing Tips
- 10 Most Useful Google Plus Tips and Tricks
- How To Backup Google Plus (Google+) Data ?
- Tips To Ensure Your Google Plus Profile Privacy
Optimizing your Google+ Profile
Use your real name on your profile. This is all about personal branding. Anyway, you can place your business name or website elsewhere in the profile.
Briefly write a 160-character Meta description which covers your business and personal interests. These personal interest of yours must be linked (later) to a coinciding blog or website.
- Introduction: Using the text editor, separate this section into Business, Personal, and Contact Info.
- Business. Include what it is you do with your business as well as the name of your website. If you have other ventures, write them here as well. To make the most out of this space, I recommend adding dofollow links on keywords.
- Personal. Here you can write any hobby of yours. If possible, these interests must link to related social networks. If you have an interest in photography for example, you can link the word “photography” to a photo-sharing account on Streamzoo, Instagram, Picasa, or perhaps a personal website that includes your works.
- Contact Information. Place your email and other contact details in this space.
Remember the personal interests you linked to at the Introduction? You should add them here too. Also use this space to add outbound links to your other social networking accounts.
Optimizing your Google+ Page
Once you’ve established trust among followers using your Google+ profile, you can create a separate page for your website, blog, or business. This time, you are free to use your business name as the name of the page. Unlike a profile, a link to your website can be added below your profile photo.
- Tagline: Place the actual tagline of your business, blog, or website. Limit it to 160 characters. If you don’t have any tagline, write a short phrase describing your business.
- Introduction: This is where you write a more elaborate description of your business, website, or blog. You can include the date when it was founded in this space. Use this space to add outbound links to deep pages in your website like the “About Us” section or “FAQs”. Also add an outbound link to your Google+ profile from here along with a description of your role in the business. Links to the Google+ profiles of co-founders or co-authors (for blogs) are also recommended. When citing people in relation to the business, use third-person references like he, she, or they. For the sake of illustration, I prepared an example below.
i.e. “Globinch is a regularly updated popular how-to website and technology blog that guides you in taking maximum advantage of the software tools and web technologies at your disposal”
- Website: Enter the URL of the business website or blog.
- Links: Place outbound links to social media accounts tied to your business.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,469 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,625 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines