As discussed in the previous post Blocking Websites or how to blockURL is a common problems mainly faced by parents and employers.
Many parents worries about children wasting time on the Internet by chatting and browsing through inappropriate contents.Children could be interacting with complete strangers and even sharing personal information and this should be controlled to avoid unwanted consequences.
We have discussed about How to Block URL or Web Site in Internet explorer in the last post.
Read: How to Block URL or Website in Internet explorer?
Option available in Firefox browser to Block Websites
FoxFilter Add-on for Firefox
FoxFlter is known as the Parental control for Firefox.FoxFilteris a personal content filter that helps block pornographic and other inappropriate content.The free version supports web filtering and this is enough for blocking website and their URLs.But if you want to protect these configurations by adding a password then you need to register to avail Premium features. Premium features are available with small support fee.
DOWNLOAD and INSTALL FoxFilter Add-on from mozilla.org.
After installation go to Tools -> FoxFilter Settings
A new web page will open there you can set the keywords in the Settings menu as below.The keyword should be the keywords of website URL that you want to block.For example if you want to block Facebook add “facebook” in the keyword list.Also under the sensitivity settings you can set the sensitivity of the keyword. Bottom line, the most sensitive approach is to examine the Body content where it will check for the presence of keyword in the body content
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,410 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,450 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,601 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,377 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,452 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,515 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows