Many of you may be familiar with the Gmail key shortcuts. Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts makes the Gmail interface more user friendly and helps to become more productive. Gmail is fast becoming the most preferred email application.
Combined with other Google products like Google Docs, Google Calendar etc Gmail provides numerous useful features. All these features along with the security and reliability of Google makes Gmail the most prefered Email application. Google offers free POP and IMAP access and can be . Above all , Gmail is free and offeres plenty of storage space.
Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts to Make Gmail More User Friendly
Gmail Keyboard shortcuts makes life more easier. These shortcuts are really useful to navigate through the messages, search for them, compose new messages, archive etc.
How to enable Gmail Keyboard shortcuts?
You can enable Gmail keyboard shortcuts in many different ways.
1. Most easiest method is to press the “?” key when looking at your inbox to see the list of keyword shortcuts. There is a link at the right side of the popup. see below. You can enable or disable the keyboard shortcut from here.
2. Second method is given below
- Log in to Gmail and click Settings
- Select Keyboard shortcuts off/on radio button.
3. Third method to enable shortcuts automatically by going to http://mail.google.com/mail/?kbd=1
Most useful Gmail Keyboard shortcuts
It is always good to start using two or three shortcuts at a time to get familiarize easily. In my opinion the most useful shortcuts are,
- k – To Opens or moves your cursor to a more recent conversation. You can hit to expand a conversation.
- j – To Opens or moves your cursor to the next oldest conversation. You can hit to expand a conversation.
- u – Refreshes your page and returns you to the inbox, or list of conversations.
- o or – Opens your conversation. Also expands or collapses a message if you are in ‘Conversation View.’
The above four keyboard shortcuts are the most effective shortcuts for naigating through the emails. These are realy helpful
- c – Allows you to compose a new message. + c allows you to compose a message in a new window.
- / – Puts your cursor in the search box. This makes search easy. Just type and hit
- r – Replies to the message sender. + r allows you to reply to a message in a new window. (Only applicable in ‘Conversation View.’)
- a – Replies to all message recipients. +a allows you to reply to all message recipients in a new window. (Applicable in ‘Conversation View.’)
- f – Forwards a message. + f allows you to forward a message in a new window. (Only applicable in ‘Conversation View.’)
- ! – Report spam
- e – Archive your conversation from any view.
There are many other shortcuts and key combinations. Just press “?” from an active Gmail window to see all the shortcuts or read list of Keyboard shortcuts Gmail
Before you go, subscribe to get latest technology articles right in your mailbox!.