How to Turn Caret Browsing On or Off in Firefox and Internet Explorer 8
Caret Browsing in Firefox as well as in Internet Explorer (IE 8) allows you to use keyboard to select text and move around within a web page rather than using the mouse.You can use the standard navigation keys like HOME, END, PAGE UP, PAGE DOWN , arrow keys etc on your keyboard to select text, move around the web page or copy the text or image etc.
This may not be a a great tool for those who like to use mouse rather than keyboard while browsing, but is helpful to those who use keyboard keys and shortcuts more than the mouse.
How to To turn On or Turn Off Caret Browsing
In Internet Explorer and Firefox do one of the following:
To enter the Caret Browsing feature is very easy.
- Press F7
- In the popup click Yes to turn on Caret Browsing. (If already on you can close Caret browsing here).
- Click your mouse pointer once inside your webpage and you can start using the keyboard now.
- F7 toggles Caret Browsing when pressed when you are on browser window.
How to disable Caret browsing in Firefox
Read it Here :
How to disable Caret browsing in Internet Explorer 8
In Internet Explorer 8 you can turn off or turn on caret browsing through different options.
- Go to Menu View -> Caret Browsing and select or deselect the option.
- Go to Page button Page-> Caret Browsing
- Enable/Disable Caret Browsing for new windows and tabs check box needs to be selected in Tools->Internet Options -> Advanced Tab.
Our Readers Also Searched:
- turn off caret
- how to turn on caret
- turn carret browsing off
- turn off caret browsing firefox
- turn on caret browsing