Safety, privacy and security are most important while you surf the internet. As you know the cyber world is an insecure world for exchanging information. Often exchanging information over internet leads to a high risk of intrusion or fraud, such as phishing.
Browsers like Firefox has many mechanisms to prevent these online frauds to certain extend. But to make it more secure you can make use of some of the security and privacy add-ons. These Firefox security add-ons not only make your surfing secure but also helps you to protect your privacy. Please remember that you should have a trusted anti-virus in your device to protect you from Viruses, Malware, and Spyware etc. These add-ons are meant to make your internet browsing more secure. Before installing any Firefox add-ons make sure that it is not blacklisted by Mozilla. Also you can make use of Mozilla Plug-in Check to keep browser plugins and add-ons up-to-date. You can also block websites in Firefox using certain add-ons.
- How to Block, Bypass, Disable, Remove Ads from CPA Ad Networks like CPALead
- How to Check a Website for Malware and Virus Infection
- View Personalized Patterns in Firefox Browser Usage
Top 25 Firefox Security Add-Ons
WOT – Know Which Websites to Trust
WOT shows you which websites are trustworthy based on millions of users’ experiences.WOT ratings are gathered from millions of users who rate millions of websites based on their experiences. The green, yellow or red icon next to search results when you use Google, Yahoo!, Bing, on links in social networking sites helps you to protect from risky and infected websites.
Get WOT – Know Which Websites to Trust
NoScript allow active content to run only from sites you trust. This helps you to get additional protection from XSS and Click jacking attacks. Read more about how To Prevent Cross Site Scripting (XSS) and Click Jacking.
Adblock Plus automatically configures itself for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. This is one of the most popular Firefox add-ons.
Get Adblock Plus
Better Privacy serves to protect against special long term cookies or Super-Cookies. BetterPrivacy allows listing and managing Flash-cookies (LSO). You can configure it to remove LSO objects automatically on browser start-up, browser exit or by a configurable timer function. You can also configure it to exclude desired Flash cookies from automatic deletion.Get BetterPrivacy
Get Link Alert
Certificate Patrol is a simple but highly effective Firefox ad-on at detecting potential issues related to SSL certificates. The issues can be man-in-the-middle attacks, unexpected certificate changes, etc.This add-on reveals when certificates are updated, so you can ensure it was a legitimate change.
Get Certificate Patrol
Ghostery protect your privacy by checking who’s tracking your web browsing and blocking them, It is functioning by detecting trackers, web bugs, pixels, and beacons placed on web pages by Facebook, Google Analytics, and over 600 other ad networks.
FoxyProxy Firefox add-on is an advanced proxy management tool that completely replaces Firefox’s limited proxying capabilities.
Get FoxyProxy Standard
Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out (TACO)
TACO automatically blocks 100′s of web beacons, bugs, and other tracking technologies that advertisers and others use to track you. Protect your privacy by stopping secret tracking of your web browsing.
Get Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out
BlockSite Firefox extension automatically blocks websites of your choice and disable all hyperlinks to these websites. The tools just display those hyperlink texts without the clicking functionality.
TrackMeNot Firefox protects users against search data profiling by issuing randomized queries to popular search-engines.
Panic Button Firefox add-on quickly hides all browser windows with a click of a button.
Get Panic Button
Long URL Please
Firefox plugin transparently replaces any short URLs or tiny URL links when every web page loads so that you can see where links actually link to.
Get Long URL Please
Flashblock is an extension for the Mozilla Firefox, and Netscape browsers that blocks all Flash content from loading.
Close’n forget Firefox add-on suppress the cookies related to the current page and, if configured, the whole domain from the history when you close the tab.
Get Close’n forget
Stealther Firefox add-on helps you to surf the web without leaving a trace in your local computer
VeriSign EV Green Bar Extension
VeriSign EV Green Bar Extension add-on turns the address bar green and displays certificate owner and CA issuer information when the browser receives a VeriSign, thawte and/or GeoTrust EV certificate.
Get VeriSign EV Green Bar Extension
TrustWatch Search by GeoTrust
TrustWatch Search by GeoTrust Firefox add-on uses the TrustWatch anti-phishing service so you can see real-time/in-line site rating information for all your search results by Google, Yahoo! and MSN search engines
Get TrustWatch Search by GeoTrust
Dr.Web LinkChecker plugin allows you to check any file you are about to download, any page you are about to visit with online version of Dr.Web anti-virus.
Get Dr.Web LinkChecker
BrowserProtect Firefox add-on alert and block browser hijacks on your Firefox.It monitors your browser against homepage and search hijacks.
Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon
Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon extends the blocking functionality of Adblock Plus to those annoying pop-up windows that are being opened on mouse clicks or other user actions.
Get Adblock Plus Pop-up Addon
BitDefender QuickScan is a very fast antivirus scanner, able to determine in a matter of seconds if a system is infected with malware.
Get BitDefender QuickScan
LastPass Password Manager
LastPass is a free online password manager and Form Filler that makes your web browsing easier and more secure.The sensitive data is encrypted locally before upload so even LastPass cannot get access to it.
Get LastPass Password Manager
BugMeNot Firefox add-on helps you to bypass compulsory web registration with the context menu via www.bugmenot.com.
Spamavert.com Firefox add-on generates temporary e-mail addresses for all those pesky online registration forms using the free spamavert.com service. This is really useful.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,417 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,450 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,603 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,377 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,452 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,515 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows