Text to Speech (Text reader or TTS or Text to Voice) software helps people to listen the text without reading it.
There are many such software tools available. But there are very few or no such TTS software available for local Indian languages. There are hundreds of languages in use in India. A TTS software in their local language will help millions of Indians especially those who are visually challenged to listen machine readable text.
Technology Development for Indian Languages (TDIL) (Department of Information Technology (DIT), Ministry of communications & Information Technology) released Text-to-Speech (TTS) software for six Indian languages (Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu) that will help convert text into human voice.
- Text To Speech (TTS) Text Reader Firefox add-on
- How to Add Speech Recognition to Website? HTML5 Tips
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu
Text-to-Speech (TTS) computer software renders the machine readable text into Human Voice. This Free Text-to-Speech Software available in Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Tamil, Malayalam, and Telugu and is aimed to help visually challenged people.
Technology Development for Indian Languages (TDIL) Programme initiated by the Department of Information Technology (DIT), Ministry of communications & Information Technology, Government of India has the objective to develop information-processing tools to facilitate human machine interaction in Indian languages and to develop technologies to access multilingual knowledge resources.
Text-to-Speech (TTS) is excellent software and can be integrated with a screen reader to enable visually-challenged users to interpret and perform computer operations with audio interface.
The Text-to-Speech software can be integrated with following Screen Readers:
- Windows 7, Windows XP based NVDA (2010.1) Screen Reader for Indian Languages
- Linux ORCA: Screen Reader for Indian Languages
The TTS works with both for Windows & Linux and also can be used as Web based service in future. It has good voice quality with mean Opinion Score more than 3.0.
The TTS is developed by a Consortium of Partners including IIT Madras (Consortia Leader), IIIT Hyderabad, IT Kharagpur, CDAC, Mumbai and CDAC, Thiruvananthapuram
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,492 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,457 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,641 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines