Gmail is adding new features continuously. Gmail fast becoming the most preferred web mail service. It offers plenty of useful features in addition to lot of premium features like free POP and IMAP access and huge amount of storage space. Gmail offers more features than many of the web mail services. The integration with Google Docs and Google Calendar makes Gmail a superior web mail service. Also using the Google Data Liberation API you can easily download copy of your data stored within Google products.
Recently Gmail added the feature that allows you to view files inside ZIP and RAR file attachments. Another feature they have added recently to allow paste or drag And drop images into Gmail messages.
This time the new lab feature is really useful. Google now enables the Preview Pane in Gmail. Like the way you read mails in your Outlook you can read the mails in your preview pane.Yahoo and few other web mail services introduced this feature long back. Mail preview pane is a useful feature and helps you to read the mail without leaving the mail list window. This feature is already available in Gmail on a tablet device.
This is better than the instant preview lab feature and gives a more user friendly appearance.
- 22 Best Tips For Gmail. Useful Gmail Tips and Tricks For productivity
- Most Useful Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts – Gmail Tips
How to enable and use preview pane in Gmail?
To enable and use the preview pane in your Gmail you need to enable the the Lab Feature. Once enabled you can set the alignment of the preview pane.
To enable the feature follow the below steps.
- Go to lab tab in settings
- Enable Preview Pane as below
- Back to inbox. You can see a new button on right side.
- You can set the alignment of the Preview pane. Three options are available. No split, vertical split, Horizontal split. See below
By default there is a 3-second delay in marking a conversation as read after previewing it. If you want to change the load time you can configure it. You can change this in Gmail settings window.
Go to Settings –> General–> Preview Pane. See below.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,491 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,457 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,641 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines