Google is adding useful features to all its products every day. Gmail is already the most widely used web based Email service. It has many different rich features that helps people to improve productivity. Along with Google Docs you can do lot many things with Google Gmail files attachments.
When you get a ZIP or RAR file in Gmail, how many times you downloaded the file to your machine to see its contents?
If you get a ZIP or RAR file in a mail attachment ,almost all of the Web based email services ask you to download to view the contents of the archive file.Now you don’t have to do that. You can view the files inside compresses ZIP and RAR files in Gmail using Google Docs. Google Docs has recently added support for many new file formats. Also you can use Google Docs OCR Service to convert scanned PDF images to text / Word documents. Also they have added support to upload folders to Google Docs.
Google added a new feature and when someone sends you a ZIP or RAR file in Gmail, you’ll be able to view its contents from within your browser by clicking on View. This will not only save your disk space but also help you to save the download time. Since Google now supports many different file types, you don’t have to search and find a compatible viewer for a particular file type, if you don’t have one.
Just click on the view link and it will bring up a view that includes all of the files in the archive, the file types, and the size of those files. See below.
If you have a Zip or RAR file inside Google will shown you that content as well.
Click the “Actions” Button and you will get other options like view, save to Google Docs, Print to PDF etc.
Read more ,
ZIP and RAR support now available in the Google Docs Viewer – Official Gmail Blog: “will bring up a view that includes all of the files in the archive, the file types, and the size of those files.”
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,805 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,490 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,753 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,530 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,429 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,092 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?