Google Docs would only allow you to import spreadsheets (or CSV files) that are less than 1 MB in size.But usually excel sheet data that are shared between groups or individuals are much larger than 1 MB.
A very useful Google product Google Fusion Tables allows you view Excel files as large as 100 MB in the browser.
You can either upload the files from the desktop or you can pull it directly from your Google Spreadsheets gallery.Even though Google Fusion Tables doesn’t allow to upload more than 1MB ,you can convert that into CSV files up to 100MB and upload.
Google Tables is primarily for handling tabular data so it can’t understand formulas or cell formatting present in the spreadsheets.
You can apply filters to the sheet data and can view it in the form of charts and graphs.In the fusion tables you can add new row modify and columns and it’s types.
You can filter and aggregate the data, and you can visualize it on Google Maps or with other visualizations from the Google Visualization API.
If your spread sheet column contains country names or street addresses, Google Tables can easily plot that data onto a world map.
Let us see by example.Given below is an excel sheet we are going to use as a Fusion table.
Let us upload it to Google Fusion tables.
See below how we can use the filters to filter data in table.Also options are available to Aggregate data and to select or deselect column.
You can visualize the table data based on charts and graphs.See below the pie chart generated from our example excel sheet.The chart is based on the number of java projects executed per year .You can visualize the tables using line,bar,scatter and pie charts as seen below.
The real benefit of Google Fusion tables are much more broad.The focus is on fusing data management and collaboration.It includes merging multiple data sources, discussion of the data, querying, visualization, and Web publishing.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,796 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,490 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,751 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,529 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,429 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,092 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?