If you check your spam comments you can see that most of the spam comments are from a specific IP address or IP Addresses. Comment spamming is common and the webmasters should be prepared to block spam comments. Read the artilce: How to Avoid Spam Comment on My Site?
If you find your blog is targeted by spammers from some specific IP address/ addresses you can block them from accessing you blog. This can be done b adding few entries in the .htaccess file. If you are not familiar with .htaccess we have plenty of articles on .htacess.
Block IP of The Spammer Using .htaccess to Avoid Spam Comments
If you are using Apache HTTP server for hosting your blog then you can use .htaccess files for access control. .htaccess is a file containing one or more configuration directives, is placed in a particular document directory, and the directives apply to that directory, and all sub-directories thereof.
Blocking an IP address using the .htaccess method is not a proper way to deal with comment spam. It is considered as a bad policy to block clients based solely on their IP address. But if you are constantly receiving spam from the IP you can do it.
“Deny from“ directive will block service to a specific IP address, domain name or block:
Deny from 127.0.0.1
Alternatively you can use the <Limit> directive along with HTTP methods to deny access to a particular IP address
1 2 3 4 5
<Limit GET HEAD POST> order allow,deny deny from 127.0.0.1 allow from all </Limit>
To block a group if IP addresses you can use like
1 2 3 4 5
<Limit GET HEAD POST> order allow,deny deny from 127.0.0.1/19 allow from all </Limit>
Generally the syntax is
<Limit method [method] … > … </Limit>
Please note that the IP address given above (127.0.0.1) is for illustration purpose only. 127.0.0.1 normally represents local host and is not a public IP address.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,457 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,612 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,385 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines