Many blog authors normally display their tag cloud either in sidebar or some place where it is convenient. If you use wordpress blog platform then you have plenty of plug-ins to add tag clouds to your blog (flash tag cloud or jquery tag cloud).
Tag clouds are the display of user-generated tags, or simply the word content of a site. All tag cloud generator plugins use different font-size for different tags based on the tag prominence. Some tag cloud generator plug-ins use different colors for different tags.
Here is a cool wordpress plugin which actually generates 3D Tag Cloud for your wordpress blog. It is really different and appears as rotating 3D sphere. The wordpress plugin WP-cumulus creates a wonderful 3D tag cloud for your blog. The flashy tag cloud rotates based on the mouse move .The plugin is created by Roy Tanck.
See the WP-cumulus in action below.
WP-Cumulus wordpress can be installed by following the steps below. This is also described in more detail in the plugin page.
- Download WP-Cumulus plugin from
- Upload WP-Cumulus folder to your wordpress plugin folder using some FTP tool like FileZilla.
- Activate the WP-Cumulus in your wordpress plugin admin page.
- In wordpress dashboard under the setting click on the WP-Cumulus. This will open the WP-Cumulus options page. Here you can set many parameters like width , height,color of the tags, display options etc.
- Once activate you can add this WP-Cumulus 3D tag generator to your sidebar or any page.
- You can use the following tags,
<?php wp_cumulus_insert(); ?> or [wp-cumulus]
or the WP-cumulus widget to add the tag cloud in a page or post, in template or sidebar.
Before you go, subscribe to get latest technology articles right in your mailbox!.