Most search engines especially Google Doesn’t tolerate duplicate content. If you have duplicate content on your blog it will have negative impact and search engines will not show certain duplicate pages in the search result and it will be in Google supplemental results which is a secondary database containing pages of less importance .
It is a common understanding that the supplemental index is Google’s way of filtering out duplicate content.
If your blog has TITLE elements, META descriptions tags, and navigational text that are identical, that can lead to duplicate or near-duplicate content. If your page is included in Google supplemental results then it will have a direct impact on your blogs page rank. Links to multiple versions of the same page reduces PageRank across multiple URL.
How to avoid duplicate content on WordPress Blog
In wordpress, archives and categories are mainly responsible for duplicate contents. If you add one post to more than one category that will result in duplicate content. Archives also results in duplicate contents when search engine crawl your blog.
Make sure that you don’t use different categories for same post. Also there are some wordpress plugins that can help you to avoid this problem.
SEO No Duplicate
This plugin helps you manage your search engine duplicate content, by setting your post page’s canonical to the permalink.
Get SEO No Duplicate
Duplicate Content Cure Plugin for WordPress
Duplicate content cure is a very simple, yet effective SEO plugin that prevents search engines from indexing wordpress pages that contain duplicate content, like archives and category pages.
Get Duplicate Content Cure Plugin
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,489 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,457 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,641 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines