Caching files in browser or proxy rather than requesting every time reduces the network traffic between the server, the client.
Usually not everyone has control over their own server configuration file, but sometimes they do have .htaccess file accessibility. You can do efficient caching using the Apache .htaccess file.You need to configure few lines of commands in the .htaccess file instructing the server to handle the caching of different types of files.
Recently I came across an issue of listing the directory struture and files in the web browser of a web site.The website was hosted on an Apache web server.After Googling Google and reading the Apache HTTP Server documentation I could revolve the issue by doing few things related to the .htaccess file.
.htaccess (hypertext access) is a a directory-level configuration file in several web servers.This is most common in Apache Web Server. .htaccess file allows for decentralized management of web server configuration.
The directives in the .htaccess file apply to the current directory, and to all sub-directories. .htaccess files are read on [...]
One of the common and popular way to redirect your visitors is to use an .htaccess redirect. Before a page is served to the browser the server checks first for an .htaccess file and the visitors will be redirected to the new page.301 redirect is the most efficient method for webpage redirection.Also this method is a Search Engine Friendly method for web page redirection.
If you do not have custom files for handling error conditions and error codes like 404 ,500 and 401 etc ,the user experience would not be great. No one prefer to see the “404 Not Found” on their browser.The website developer should handle these scenarios.
You can do this by specifying the custom error document in your server web server configuration files.
In Part 1 and 2 of the Website performance optimization series We have analyzed
7 steps to Speed up website loading – Faster Website Tips -Part 1
Those steps are really essential to make sure that the website performance and loading time is faster.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,458 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,614 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,385 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines