Advertisements from different CPA ad networks like CPAlead survey ads some times ruins the reputation of good sites and annoys the website visitors. Webmasters can generate extra revenue by using CPAlead ads.
These surveys becomes a common hurdle to access the so called “premium content” especially in certain forums and free download websites. These types of advertisements are forcing the visitor to complete a survey or similar stuff to get access to the site’s content. This become more irritating when these surveys require contact information like phone numbers or money to compete the survey. In that case no other option to exit form the website.
How to Block Bypass or Remove CPAlead Survey ads
Let use discuss few method to block CPAlead Survey ads as well as few scripts, software and browser plug ins that blocks the survey ads.
Use the Hosts File to Block Block Adware
Perhaps this is one of the best method to block ads. The hosts file is a computer file used in an operating system to map hostnames to IP addresses.
The file name is “hosts” without any extension. The hosts file contains lines of text consisting of an IP address in the first text field followed by one or more hostnames, each field separated by white space as shown below,
127.0.0.1 localhost loopback
You can block ads by assigning the loopback IP 127.0.0.1 to an URL that you wish blocked. the “127.0.0.1 localhost ” is the loopback entry. It defines a local address and can be used to direct the computer to send a packet to itself. To block cpaleads.com just add the following entry in the hosts file.
ou need to use the actual URL without quotes in place of “adwebsite.com“.
But the disadvantage here is that you need to add individual advertising agencies URL to block each one of them. But many ads can be blocked by putting a list of the URLs of the largest advertising agencies into the hosts file.
Where is the location of hosts file?
- Microsoft Windows NT, 2000, and 32-bit versions of XP, 2003, Vista, 7 :%SystemRoot%system32driversetc
- Mac OS X 10.2 and newer, iOS : /private/etc/hosts
- Symbian OS 9.1+ : C:private10000882hosts
- Android : /system/etc/hosts
- Unix, Unix-like (AIX, HP-UX, IRIX, Linux, Minix, Ultrix etc) , POSIX : /etc/hosts
Browser Add-Ons, Scripts and Bookmarklets
Adblock Plus Firefox Add-On
Adblock Plus Firefox Add-On Firefox gets rid of all the clutter and distraction caused by banner ads. Over-the-top flash ads normally slow down the browser. This add-on blocks these ads also. This add-on is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages
Get Adblock Plus Firefox Add-On
XJZ Survey Remover
The XJZ Survey Remover allows you to easily remove surveys from websites. The XJZ Survey Remover supports surveys from providers such as CPAlead, AdscendMedia, LeadBolt etc.
Get the XJZ Survey Remover Bookmarklet
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,478 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,456 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,345 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,630 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines