The Google “Panda” attack on low quality sites has introduced a wave of changes on the quality of websites and the way people used to promote their site to gain high ranking on Search Engine Result Position (SERP). The Google Panda updates thrashed many well known blogs and sites, but really helped many others who maintained quality and relevant content.
So how do you make sure that the Google Panda updates wont hurt your blog or website? There are many important things you need to take care of. There are many guidelines published by Google on Google Webmaster Guidelines. In those guidelines Google explains how you need to make sure that your site is Google Friendly. But there are some other important factors you need to consider and implement to take the advantage of Google Panda algorithm updates.
Read Related Topics:
- Top 6 Mistakes You Should Avoid in SEO
- A Guide to SEO. Best Practices and Optimization Starter Guide
Create Content For Users, Not For Search Engines
Search Engines loves content, not the graphics or images you added to your pages. Avoid creating extremely short articles just for the sake of publishing something. Make sure that you have well written content which actually helps other users.
Make sure that you don’t repeat the same content in multiple places. This will result in duplicate content issue. Also don’t create multiple copies of same article or web page under different URLs. Never ever copy content from any other sites or blogs.
You may need to add images to your pages or posts. Since search engines do not read text inside images, it is always good to use the ALT tag with images.
Keep Away From Link Exchanges and Favor Natural Link Building
According to Google Webmaster Guidelines “some webmasters engage in link exchange schemes and build partner pages exclusively for the sake of cross-linking, disregarding the quality of the links, the sources, and the long-term impact it will have on their sites. This is in violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines and can negatively impact your site’s ranking in search results.”
How to get more natural links pointing to your site? The only way to achieve this is by providing useful, quality and interesting content to the user. If your reader thinks that the content is really worth he will share it across and eventually you will get more and more natural linking.
As Google says only natural links are useful for the indexing and ranking of your site.
Social media and SEO and Google Panda
Does Search engines like Google give weightage to the content shared across social media services like Twitter, Facebook etc. Even though Google has temporarily disabled Google Realtime Search, it was an indication that Google gives importance to the content shared through social media services. Google Realtime Search used to display real-time updates from online social media services including Twitter, FriendFeed, Facebook, MySpace etc.
So it is very important to have social media connectivity to your blog. The more followers you have the more chances you get popularize your blog or website content.
Avoid Keyword stuffing and Black hat SEO
Black hat SEO always try to improve website or blog rankings using deceptive services. As warned by Google “if your domain is affiliated with one of these deceptive services, it could be banned from our index.” Also filling your entire article with keywords will be easily recognized by Google Panda and the page or even the site will get penalized. So use keywords at appropriate places.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,504 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,457 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,642 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,504 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines