We have discussed about cross-site scripting also known as cross server scripting or XSS in the post How To Prevent Cross Site Scripting (XSS) and Click Jacking. There we have discussed about how to prevent XSS in major browsers including Internet Explorer 8 and Mozilla Firefox.
As we discussed in one of our earlier post about Google Chrome Flags (chrome about labs) the Google chrome labs provides a tool that can be used to prevent Cross Site Scripting (XSS) and Click Jacking.
Google Chrome Lab tool “XSS Auditor” will Enables WebKit’s XSS Auditor (cross-site scripting protection). This feature aims to protect the browser users from certain attacks of malicious websites. As mentioned at “about:flags” the tool “improves your security, but it might not be compatible with all websites“. We can enable this tool using the about:flags internal page or using “chrome://flags/“.
How to enable XSS Auditor Chrome lab tool To Prevent cross domain scripting (XSS) ?
Follow the below steps to enable the XSS Auditor Chrome lab tool. Remember all these are experimental feature. Read the warning message displayed in the about:flags internal page before proceeding , otherwise you may experience undesired results.
- Open Chrome browser.
- Type about:flags in the URL address bar and hit enter
- “about:flags” internal page appears with “radio active” icon indicating the experimental nature.
- Find “XSS Auditor” and click enable.
- This plugin enables WebKit’s XSS Auditor that offers cross-site scripting protection and protect you from certain attacks of malicious websites.
As we discussed earlier there is another way to access the flags or Chrome labs tools is by using “chrome://flags/“. Type “chrome://flags/” in the URL address bar and hit enter.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,477 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,456 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,345 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,630 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines