Windows services monitor tools are really useful if you frequently manage Windows Services manually. Windows services are long-running executables that do not require user intervention and can be configured to start during boot time or they can be started manually when required. MSConfig utility can be used to modify start-up programs, control the windows services. Free tools like Computer_ID provide you computer system information in one click. If you want to monitor and verify windows system process, task and DLLs, then Process Explorer are a good choice.
Windows services monitor tool are useful ,if you are a software programmer or person who manages windows services manually. There are many ways to view and manage windows services. Windows itself provides options and tools to achieve this.
- You can manage the services by launching “Services” from the Windows Control Panel ->Administrative Tools.
- Type “Services.msc” in the Run command on Start menu. This will open Services window.
- In Windows Vista and later versions (including Windows 7) the windows services can be started or stopped in the Services tab in Windows Task Manager.
Windows service monitor from CodePlex is a simple utility that can be used to monitor start / stop any windows services. The utility is represented by icon in a windows system tray. Using Windows service monitor you can configure multiple windows services for monitoring as below.
You can easily identify the status of monitored windows services based on the color of the tray icon. When all services are started the tray icon will be green. Yellow icon tells that few of the services are not yet started and grey icon indicates that all of the monitored services are stopped.
You can right click on the tray icon and quickly start and stop the services. This is really useful because you don’t have to go through all the steps to open the service management console to start or stop a service. You can configure all those services you want to monitor and control and then manage them just by right clicking on the tray icon.
Windows Service Monitor is nothing but a more user friendly but simple version of “services.msc“.
Get Windows Service Monitor
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,413 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,450 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,603 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,377 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,452 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,515 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows