There are many different blog promotion tips and techniques that can be included as part of your blog articles. There are many plugins available to achieve this for almost all blogging platforms including WordPress. The promo techniques can be an invitation to subscribe your RSS feed or newsletter. Some blog authors add a modal popup for every page that blocks the page and you need to take an action or close it to read the blog post.
Average blog readers hate having to scroll halfway down the page just to read some content they are already interested in. But this may not be true if the blog is already popular and the reader is a regular visitor of the site. But for them there is no promotional activities are required.One such example is the usage of plugin like “WP Greet Box”.WP Greet Box is a wonderful plugin that really helps you to increase your subscriber count. It pop ups based on the source of the traffic and greets user and encourage him/her to subscribe the blog. But the positioning of the widget is important. Rather than placing it at the beginning of the post the ideal place could be below the post. This is because if the article is of good quality and really useful, the reader may opt to choose the subscription option. If it is at the beginning of the post then serious readers definitely think about leaving the site. This will increase the bounce rate.
Positioning of big advertisement boxes before the blog post also needs to be analysed. If it really distracts the user from the content then you need to think about its positioning and size.
Sites which put giant Adsense boxes near the top of the page, above the content may force the reader to move on without even bother to read. People usually don’t bother to subscribe the blog if the adsense saturation is too high.
As a rule of thumb, it is important to give the user a chance to read the blog before suggesting him about subscription or advertisement. A neat blog post title and arguably few information like date, author etc is the only required stuff before the content.
The more the extra content between blog title and the article content, the more the chance for increased bounce rate.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,503 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,457 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,642 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,504 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines