SERP stands for “Search Engine Result Page“.SERP is the listing of web pages returned by a search engine in response to a keyword query.
Popular search engines like Google, Yahoo! and Bing primarily use content contained within the Meta data tags of a web page to generate the SERP content.
Usually the title tag will be used as the title of the search result.The website/web page description will be the contents of the description
tag.If these tags are not available, information about the web site on dmoz/yahoo! Directory or content from within the page may be used instead.
You can add some meta-tags to prevent search engine from using the title and description from Open Directory Projects like DMOZ.
To read more about how to do this follow - How to use Meta Tag content ‘NOODP’ ,’NODP’ and ‘NOYDIR’ and their SEO significance?
The aim of webmaster and SEO experts are to make their webiste appear in the top SERP.If your website is one of the high ranking in the SERPs,
that you should receive more traffic from search engine from that keywords.This can be achieved by makig your website optimized for search engine by using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques. Follow below links to learn more about this.
- Basic SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Tips for Better Search Engine Rankings
- 9 methods to improve your link popularity and increase your page rank
- 5 Important steps to avoid Search Engine Blacklisting.
- How does search engines like Google handle rel=”nofollow” links?
Now how do you check what is your website rank in SERP? There are lot of free tools available for doing this.
Google Webmaster Central.
If you have google webmaster account you can analyse your websites keywords and their rankigs in the Google SERP.If you do not have a Google Webmaster account you can do it as explained at the link below.
Once you have added your site or blog to google webamster central and after authentication google wll start indexing and processing the keyword.
Expand the menu “Your site on the web” in the left side and click on “search queries“. This will show you the search queries and thier rankings.
There are other free tools available on net to check the SERP for keywords from your website.
1. Search engine ranking report from SELFSEO
2. Serpchecker .Here you can use the keywords on the website’s meta tags or your own keywords for SERP analysis.
3. SEOmofo Tool
Read : How to improve PageRank?
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,808 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,490 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,755 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,530 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,431 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,092 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?