Those who plan to start vlogging or those who do not even know “what is vlogging?” are already making use of many popular vlogs. Before jumping into vlogging, you need to understand basics such as online vlog marketing, best camera for vlogging etc. Video Blogging is the latest fad in the internet marketing world and is becoming increasingly popular among bloggers.
As is evident from the unprecedented success of YouTube, given an option between watching a video and reading an article about any given subject most people would much rather go for the former. This is great news for all the up-and-coming video bloggers out there. Following are the prerequisites for becoming a successful video blogger and making a mark in the world of “vlogging”!
Consider the Best Vlogging Camera
A big reason video blogging has gained so much popularity is because the kind of video equipment available now is much cheaper than what it used to be. Even HD camcorders have cheaper alternatives available in the market. It is a fact generally known that HD videos get much more views on YouTube than simple 480p videos. For better audio quality, use an external microphone as the built-in ones in cameras are often not good enough. Also, there is nothing more off-putting than a video with bad lighting. If you don’t have great lighting equipment then go out and take advantage of the natural light available.
Make Sure Your Videos Are Information Rich and Engaging
Keep it short. Try to get your message across in as little time as possible. Viewers generally find long, one-take shots tedious so it is important that you edit your videos so that your shots are moving and engaging. It is best to keep the length of a video under 5 minutes. There are many video editing software available online that allow you to not only edit videos but also upload them directly on YouTube. By putting just a little extra effort in your videos and by valuing quality over quantity you can easily stand out from the crowd of video bloggers on the internet.
Vlog Marketing Tips
To make your video blog available to a wider audience you should create an account on a video hosting website like YouTube. Showcasing your videos on YouTube will provide your blog credibility and exposure and reroute traffic to your own blog. YouTube is also very well liked by search engines and is integrated very well with Google. Not only can people watch your videos there but they can also share them on other social networks like Facebook and Twitter making you even more popular.
Also take advantage of web syndication to allow for the distribution of video over the Internet using either the RSS or Atom syndication
What is Your Video Blogging Niche?
Like any other blogging format, video blogging also needs an interesting subject to begin with. You don’t want to waste precious time making videos about a topic that nobody is interested in knowing about. So pick the subject of your videos wisely keeping in mind the latest trends. You can make videos to solve people’s daily life problems, explain a difficult concept in a simple manner, market your products or services, give “how-to” guides or simply entertain viewers. But no matter what you do make sure your video comes out looking like something people would want to watch. Whether you’d rather practice or be spontaneous is up to you but it is always a good idea to have your thoughts organized beforehand in the form of a script.
Importance of Transcription
For the minority of users who’d rather read than watch or for those who for any technical reason are unable to access the video you should offer a transcription. This will also help you in getting higher rankings with the search engines. It is also important to be regular with updating your blog to keep your viewers hooked. No other form of blogging establishes intimacy better and brings you closer to your audience than vlogging. Lastly, be sure to always end your videos on a positive note leaving viewers eager for more.
This article has been brought to you by bw9.com, access the website here and see the savings and current information on Comcast cable and internet.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,792 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,489 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,748 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,529 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,427 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,091 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?