There are some common Mistakes or common SEO mistakes that you should avoid when you do search engine optimization. People try many different ideas to make their website or web page appear in search engine.
If you do not apply SEO methods properly it will have negative results.
Aggressive blog promotion without sticking to standard guidelines may eventually result in inclusion of your blog in search engine balcklist. Incorrect and blind promotion techniques like link exchange and link spamming should be avoided.
Today we will discuss few must avoid mistakes while doing search engine optimization.
Stay Away from Spamming – Link spam ,comment spam
Commenting on relevant blog post in fact is one of the practices to get more quality backlinks. But care should be taken to avoid “comment spam”. Comment spam normally a result of blind blog promotion. You will add links to your post in the comment section of many blog posts without thinking
Always put relevant comments on relevant posts. Most of the comment systems provide a mechanism to put your web address. That is sufficient. Those people who are interested will click on that link and eventually you will get more traffic.
Read more about “5 Important steps to avoid Search Engine Blacklisting“.
Remove Duplicate contents
As we discussed in the article “How to Avoid Duplicate Content on WordPress Blog “ we have seen that search engines including Google do not tolerate duplicate contents. Links to multiple versions of the same page reduces Page Rank across multiple URL. Make sure that you do not have duplicate contents in your blog or across your blogs, if you maintain more than one blog.
Avoid Overuse of keywords.
It is a common misunderstanding that if you stuff maximum number of keywords into your post title or headings and meta description, search engines will give better ranking. This is not true in real scenario. Also if you put too many keyword in URL also search engines will consider it as some sort of spam. So avoid using too many keywords stuffed in title,description and URL. use keywords spread across the post. Read “How to Choose SEO Friendly Blog Post Title“.
Avoid Too many links in blog posts.
Post interlinking actually helps in getting good page rank and more search engine visibility. But if you start adding too many links in your post that will not only irritates your readers but also force search spiders to “think” differently about your blog. Read the article “9 methods to improve your link popularity and increase your page rank.”
Avoid Too much CSS, Scripts and Flash
Primary thing to remember in SEO is that search engine love content rich websites. too much CSS or Flash will not help you in achieving good SERP. Make your blog posts content rich. If your blog is rich in flash and heavily depends on CSS and Scripts chances are there that your sites search engine rank may suffer.
Speedup Slow website or Blog
Slow website or blog is a definite killer. Search engines hate slow loading websites and blogs. Slow blogs eventually gets penalized by search engines. make your blog faster and efficient. There are a lot of things to take care of to make your blog or website to load faster. Read the related discussion “Top 10 tips : Speed Up Blog , Blog Speed Test and Load Time”
Here is a good collection of articles that will help you in doing SEO more effectively.
A Guide to SEO. Best Practices and Optimization Starter Guide.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,432 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,608 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,383 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows