WordPress blogging platform is one of the most widely used blog and website platform. If you are using WordPress as the CMS for your website or blog, it is very important to keep track of your WordPress installation and plugin files for any unwanted changes and security holes. Regular update of WordPress and plugins are released by WordPress and plugin developers to fix any security and functional issues. Regular visit of admin dashboard will tell you which plugin needs to be updated or which one is outdated.
Outdated plugins files usually vulnerable to malicious attacks. The recent Timthumb.php vulnerability was because of the outdated version of the plugin. This security issue left many bloggers hacked. When a website is compromised, hackers leave behind scripts and modified file content. So regular scanning of your website files tell you whether any files has added, modified or compromised.
- 60+ Most Useful WordPress Tips, Tricks, Tutorial and Hacks
- Top Multi-level Drop-Down Menu WordPress Plugins
- Top 7 WordPress Plugins to Enhance Default Comment System
- Top 20 Free WordPress Social Share Plugins
- Top 5 Plugins to Backup WordPress Site to Cloud Storage
If you do not visit your WordPress dashboard regularly, you can make use of plugins which monitor WordPress files. These WordPress file checker plugins sends you warning messages and emails, if they find any suspicious changes to files. Here is the list of top 5 WordPress file change monitor plugins. `
Top 5 WordPress file change warning Plugins
Wordfence scans core WordPress files, themes and plugins against WordPress.org repository versions to check their integrity. Wordfence is a plugin that includes a firewall, anti-virus scanning, malicious URL scanning and live traffic including crawlers. This plugin can verify and repair your core, theme and plugin files. This is Multi-Site compatible plugin can even monitor unauthorized DNS changes, block common security threats like fake Googlebots, malicious scans from hackers and botnets.
WordPress Sentinel is another WordPress plugin that tracks all files in a WordPress installation (core, themes, and plugins) and then periodically rechecks and notifies the administrator of any files that have changed in any way.
Get WordPress Sentinel
VIP Scanner security plugin will scan your WordPress themes for any problems. It will also detect any advertising code that may have been injected into your WordPress templates.
Get VIP Scanner
Exploit Scanner searches the files on your website, and the posts and comments tables of your database for anything suspicious. It also examines unusual plugin file names.
Get Exploit Scanner
WP Update Notifier
WP Update Notifier is another useful plugin that monitors your WordPress installation for core, plugin and theme updates and emails you when they are available. You can set the interval of how often to check for updates; hourly, twice daily or daily.
Get WP Update Notifier
If you are still using Timthumb, it is better to use the Timthumb Vulnerability Scanner plugin that will scan your entire wp-content directory for instances of any outdated and insecure version of the timthumb script, and give you the option to automatically upgrade them with a single click.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,492 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,457 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,641 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines