Google Places, like the self-explanatory name provides users with the right places- for a meal, to set up a business or look for a library etc. Google uses Zagat, a review company with over 30 years’ experience, to find these answers. Zagat offers users rankings and opinions of the place or destination in question. The reviews are specific, on a 30 point scale and include, in case of a restaurant, reviews on the food and service. Reviewers have to log in to do so, which means more authentic results and less spamming. Alternatively, you could use Google Places for Business to take your business to a larger audience and learn about the perception of your enterprise among the public as well.
Google+ Local: Discover and Share Places
Google Places is now better, with more options and superior functionality. Called Google+ Local, it has moved quickly from the world on your system to that of your phone. Google+ Local is a combination of Maps, Search and Google+ (the company’s social networking site). With the Local tag in the answers you receive from the search option, you can ensure more specific and pinpointed results no matter where you are. You can choose the refresh button to expand the width of the search and its efficient login means more privacy and less prying. Once you have found your destination, you will Google Maps to find your way there and of course the recommendations on Google+ will help you make your choice. Thus, Google’s products are constantly used.
Browse Places your Friends Like
The reason for the renaming is to reflect Google’s major overhaul of its Google Places product. Google+ Local, launched in May, promises to be a personalized search option to share and find local information. What is relies on is the reach of Google+, as its numbers continue to grow. This makes for more reliability and ease in procuring information. The name also seems to suggest that the user gets the reliability of Google’s formidable finding capabilities with a more personal appeal. This is good news for the average user and also for the small home-based business owner for whom word-of-mouth recommendations are a key element in sustaining and expanding the business. Google obviously hopes that this move will be good for the company and will help garner new users too.
Apple’s iPhone® uses the Google+ Local app and provides its users, at the tap of the screen, the closest banks, bars, restaurants, eateries, post offices and a lot more. Users can use voice to search for information to find destinations.
Google+ Local is a next generation product that has global appeal and local use and that combination is a sure winner.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,798 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,490 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,751 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,529 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,429 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,092 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?