Folder monitor software or folder change monitor programs are really useful when you have shared folder in your computer. In one of our previous post we discussed about how to Monitor Folder Changes and Monitor Folder Size in Windows .
Let us discuss how to get notified when Someone Access your Shared Folders or someone changes the folder content by adding new files or deleting files or changing files.
You can share your folders in windows so that other people in the same network can access the. This is a useful option to share large files or to keep a common folder for some specific purpose.
Using “Computer Management” you can easily find out who is accessing your Shared Folder.
How do you access “Computer Management”?.
- Go to Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management
- Or Right Click My Computer – > Manage -> Computer Management
Expand the “Shared Folders“. Here you can see shares, sessions and open files.
But sharing a folder in your computer also invites risks. Even though you can set access rights to individual users for the shared folder, sometimes you may need to monitor the folder.
You cannot always open and see “Computer Management” to check who is accessing shared folders etc. There are freeware software available that actually notify you whenever some one access your shared folder or any operations on files in the shared folder.
Let us check few useful freeware software programs that actually monitor the shared folders and alerts you with a sound or pop up , shows the session details and also logs in the details of the access. Most of these programs can be minimized to system tray and the application keeps an eye on all the shared files in your computer.
Freeware to Monitor Shared Folder in PC
ShareWatcher is another useful utility to monitor your shared folders. The software is designed to monitor your windows file shares and to let you know when and who accessed them.
One good feature of this application is that you can monitor other peoples shared folders for the arrival of new files. You can also monitor an FTP path for these same new file arrivals.
- Windows Vista / 7 (32 and 64bit)
ShareMonitor is a free software application that allows you to monitor any access to your network shared files.When some one connects your shared folder and remotely opens shared files on your computer, application detects it and displays information such as who opened it, when it was opened, duration, etc. All details will be logged and can be saved to .CSV or .XML files for further analysis.
NetShareMonitor is another freeware application to monitor shared folders and files from the intruders. As soon as remote user connects to your machine, NetShareMonitor detects it and displays information about that session. From the session information you will get information about the connected remote host address, remote user name, list of accessed files and time of connection.
- Windows XP/2003/Vista/7
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,453 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,610 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,384 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines