Microsoft FUSE Labs launched beta Facebook application called “Docs“. The service is available at docs.com website. Docs is powered by and built on Microsoft Office 2010. The Docs app enables Facebook users for the first time to create and share Microsoft Office documents directly with their Facebook friends, using the Microsoft Office Tools.
Microsoft FUSE (Future Social Experiences) Labs is a social experiences incubator that explores and delivers new social, real-time, and media-rich experiences for home and work.
How to get Docs account and start using it?
You can start using Docs.com with your Facebook account details. Log in to your Microsoft Docs using your Facebook credentials. Once you logged in you can create or upload documents. See the screen shot below.
When you upload or create document you can select various options. The options includes who can view the document, who can edit it and whether you want to post the document to your facebook profile etc. See below.
Create, Share Microsoft Office documents With Your Facebook friends
You can add Docs to your facebook profile…and add a bookmark on your home page. This will give you easy access to Docs. To do this follow the below steps.
- Login to your Facebook page.
- Select “Account” -> “Application settings”-> find “Docs“
- Click “Edit settings”
- Under the first tab, click “Add” . You can change privacy settings here. Even if you set to “everyone” you will have control on your docs since you already control who can see and edit your docs from your Docs page.
- Under the “bookmarks” tab, check the check box here and then click OK.
See the screen-shot below
This will create a link to Docs on your profile home page and you can access your docs here. Depending on the permission you have set per documents it will be available for your friends or everyone.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,796 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,490 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,373 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,751 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,529 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,429 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,473 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,523 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,254 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,092 view(s)
- Samsung Galaxy Core Features, Specs, Price
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?