Sometimes you may want to use one of your frequently used folders as drive. Folder to Drive conversion can be done either permanent or for a particular session. This is particularly useful for your network sync folders like that you use for dropbox and similar services.
FolderDrive is a freeware from CodePlex that helps you to use folder as drive. You can even convert folder into drive if you have administrative privileges. Adding a new drive mapping is pretty easy using the tool. Also you can remove the drive mapping whenever you want.
- Monitor Shared Folders and Network Folders in Windows and Get Notified
- Best Directory Size – Folder Size Statistics and Disk Size Analyzer Tools
- How to Create Hard Disk Partition and Format a Hard Drive? Free Partition Software.
- Duplicate File Finder -Best Freewares to Find and Remove Duplicate Files.
How to Use FolderDrive to Use Folder as Drive?
After download and install you can use the FolderDrive freeware to map the folder as drive. The main screen of the tool provides options to add new mappings remove selected mappings or control the application options from this screen.The “Add Mappings” allow you to add new folder mapping to a drive. You can choose the preferred drive letter from the combo box. Choose the folder to map as drive.
You can also use folder as drive permanently by selecting the checkbox. Adding permanent drive mappings requires the administrator rights. The permanent mapping will be stored to Windows registry and you don’t have to run FolderDrive in order to restore your mapping on system startup. Since this is a windows registry operation you may see warnings from Windows UAC or your antivirus software during adding the mapping.All the mapped drive will be available on main screen. You can select the mapping and remove them if you do not require the mapping any more.
To use the application you’ll need .NET framework 4. The above images are from codeplex FolderDrive pages.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,487 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,456 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,346 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,633 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,498 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,389 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines