It is important to take windows backup and windows file backup using any of the backup softwareto protect your data. Data backup or system backup will help you to recover data in case of system crash or OS failure.
Windows® XP includes Backup program that can be used to backup hard disk data. Here apart from taking regular backup you can schedule the backup job based on your requirement.Backup your data on hard drive and archive it on another hard drive, a disk, a CD, a DVD, or another computer.
This Backup utility helps you protect your files and information if your computer fails. Windows XP Professional has ready to use the Windows Backup utility.If you use Windows XP Home Edition you need to install the utility.This is available in Windows XP CD in ValueAdd/Msft/Ntbackup folder.Double click Ntbackup.msi to install the utility.
How to Configure and Schedule Windows XP Backup job.
Step 1 : Start Backup program by,
A. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Backup to start the wizard.
B. Click Start,Click run type Ntbackup and click OK
Step 2 : Click Next then Select “Back up Files and Settings” ,click Next and Select What to Back Up.If you choose “Let me choose what to backup” you will get a screen as below.
Step 3 : Click Next and in the Next screen choose Backup Type, Destination and Name.See the screenshot below.
Step 3 : In the next screen instead of Clicking finsh click “Advanced” button. See the screenshot below.
Step 4 : Select the “Type of Backup” as seen below.
Step 5 : Click Next and choose one “How to backup” options and Click Next.
Step 6 : In the next screen select Backup option and click next. In the next screen select “Later” and click “Set Schedule“.It will open a window as given below.Select the option accordingly and here you can choose advanced schedule options also.
The above example shows a scheduled back up process which run on Monday and Saturday and also schedule start date and end date are also specified.
Windows backup utility is one of the good free utility provides backup functionality.There are lot of other third-party backup solution available some are freewares and some are sharewares.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,469 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,625 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines