Pinterest offers you a unique way to “pin your interest” to your online boards. The public boards are visible to everyone. Pinterest is a pinboard style social photo sharing or bookmarking service. A “Pin” can be a picture, a video, a discussion or any other resource. Pinterest can be accessed by adding the “pin it” button bookmark. Webmasters and blog authors can add “pin it” buttons to personal website or blog pages so that your customers and readers can easily pin them to their pinboards.
Certain statistics suggests that Pinterest is becoming a significant source of traffic for retailers. Many best pinboards in Pinterest are good collection of photos and images. Even websites and blogs are getting huge number of referral traffic from Pinterest.
Top 10 Tips to Get Traffic from Pinterest to Blog and Website
Add a “Pin” button to your website or blog
This is just like the Facebook like button or retweet button. Pinterest “pin” buttons give your customers or readers a quick way to pin your products or posts to their boards. If you are using WordPress then there are plugins available to ad this button. Other approach is by following the below article.
How Build a community on Pinterest
Create your account on Pinterest. Follow people whom you find really interesting. Add quality comments on other pins. To mention a pin to a Pinterest user, you first need to be following at least one board belonging to him/her. Then, type the @ symbol immediately followed by his/her username. You may get more followers gradually. Introduce your website or blog to your followers in Pinterest.
Create boards for specific topic
This is really important. Rather than choosing a broad topic selects a specific topic. The more specific the topic, the more targeted the pinboard. Try to add more quality pins to your board. Never fill your board with useless links and resources.
Add High quality Images and Posts to your Blog
This will encourage your readers to pin them to their boards. The “pins” and “repins” will be translated to referral traffic. Quality images are important because Pinterest is an image bookmarking and sharing service. Try including images to your page or posts even if it is content rich.
Add “Follow Me on Pinterest” button to your blog
Your Pinterest boards are like your Facebook business page or Google+ page. The more people follow you the more popular your boards become. This will definitely translated into traffic. To add a Pinterest follow button to your website, go to Pinterest Goodies page and grab the code.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,437 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,608 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,496 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,383 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,243 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,082 view(s)
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines
- Find Serial Numbers, Backup Product Keys of Installed Application in Windows