Google sitemap for images is an XML sitemap file and is an extension for Google XML sitemap. Image sitemap generators can be utilized to generate them and submit them to search engines like Google. As we discussed in our previous articles, images are important for websites and blogs. It is equally important to get them indexed by search engines. The position of your images in Google image search results are based on many factors. As we discussed in the article top 5 Google Image SEO Tips, you need to apply Google image seo techniques and best practices to achieve better results.
Google Image Sitemap has an important role in optimizing the images and getting them indexed by search engines. Google’s image extensions for Sitemaps help the webmasters to create sitemaps for images used in their blogs and websites. Once created you can submit the image sitemaps to search engines like Google and that give Google additional information about the images on your site’s URL.
Google Sitemap for Images
Like the video sitemap, the image sitemap is an extension of Google sitemap and it has additional xml elements and attributes. You can either create them manually or use some third party tools to generate them. Image sitemap information can be part of your main content sitemap. But it is always better to keep a separate sitemap for images, content and sitemap for videos.
The image sitemap basically lists all the images that are part of that page. You can include all relevant images here so that Google can index them. According to Google webmaster tools, you can list up to 1,000 images for each page in the sitemap.
The sample structure of the sitemap looks as seen below.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <urlset xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9" xmlns:image="http://www.google.com/schemas/sitemap-image/1.1"> <url> <loc>http://yoursite.com/samplepage.html</loc> <image:image> <image:loc>http://yoursite.com/sampleimage1.jpg</image:loc> </image:image> <image:image> <image:loc>http://yoursite.com/sampleimage2.jpg</image:loc> </image:image> </url> </urlset>
Free Tools to Generate Image Sitemaps
There are few free image sitemap generator tools available to download or to use online. Few of them are listed below.
If you are a WordPress user then you can try the below mentioned plugins to generate the image sitemap.
The following free tool supports images in sitemaps.
After generating the sitemaps using these services you must validate them for its structure validity before submitting the same to search engines.
Join Globinch on Social Media
- Turn your Windows 7 Computer Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot 20 comment(s) | 26,469 view(s)
- Search Engines for File Sharing Sites : Rapidshare Search, Megaupload and More 2 comment(s) | 18,455 view(s)
- Google Translate Now supports Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil and Telugu 2 comment(s) | 17,344 view(s)
- Best PDF OCR Tools to Convert Scanned images to Text / Word Documents 4 comment(s) | 13,623 view(s)
- Google Top Searches Today – Hot Google Search Words today 8 comment(s) | 13,497 view(s)
- Globinch Search 0 comment(s) | 10,388 view(s)
- Access Blocked sites, Unblock Restricted Websites 16 comment(s) | 9,453 view(s)
- Password Revealer – How To Reveal- Show Password Behind Asterisks? 1 comment(s) | 8,517 view(s)
- Play Angry Birds Game Free and Offline in Chrome Browser 1 comment(s) | 8,244 view(s)
- Free Online OCR Software to Convert Images Into Searchable PDF, Doc, HTML or Text 2 comment(s) | 8,083 view(s)
- How to Use Wi-Fi the Secure Way
- 5 Apps to Boost Android Performance
- Building a Smarter Site Using a WordPress Platform
- Samsung Galaxy S IV Smartphone :Summary of All the Radical Innovations
- 5 Killer Tips to Increase Traffic to Your Blog
- Domain Parking to Make Genuine Money Online
- SEO Is Not Dead, But You Need to Upgrade The Process
- A Complete SEO Guide on Using Social Media for Better SERPs
- When Should You Use Geotargeting or Setting Geographic Target in Google Webmaster Tools?
- How To Optimize Your Google+ Page And Profile For Search Engines